The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
You can recruit someone, help them develop into having a great freshman yr, then boom, gone to some other school.

Happened to us. That's pretty crappy IMO.
I mean, yes, but does that make it wrong? We both prefer the four year cycle but is the principle of player freedom wrong? Or worth regulating that so things are better?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I mean, yes, but does that make it wrong? We both prefer the four year cycle but is the principle of player freedom wrong? Or worth regulating that so things are better?

College basketball is pretty shytty at this point, i could see this going that way with no rules in place. Cfb maintained it's greatness bc it didn't become rogue like that.

All for player freedom but if you sign somewhere out of high school, you should have to stay 2 seasons before transferring (unless there's a true circumstance). And then, you shouldn't be able to transfer more than twice, until/unless ur a grad transfer.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
College basketball is pretty shytty at this point, i could see this going that way with no rules in place. Cfb maintained it's greatness bc it didn't become rogue like that.

All for player freedom but if you sign somewhere out of high school, you should have to stay 2 seasons before transferring (unless there's a true circumstance). And then, you shouldn't be able to transfer more than twice, until/unless ur a grad transfer.
I mean, we both agree, rules like that would be better for us as fans. No arguments here...

But what I'm saying is the purpose of NIL and the transfer portal is so players can earn as they should...and even then the schools "aren't" paying the money...and for player freedom.

I'm a firm believer it should be either "players can transfer anytime they want as long as long as they can enroll in school" and "players can get unlimited income from any source"

OR
"the players can't transfer other than specific reasons" and "the schools pay them directly"

The grey area stuff is what doesn't work to me

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Anybody else feel like NIL has kinda taken the wind out of things just a bit?

I'm all for players prospering, but there needs to be some rules in place.
Schools are already coming out saying that the amount of money is unsustainable. They're calling it 'donor fatigue'

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Schools are already coming out saying that the amount of money is unsustainable. They're calling it 'donor fatigue'
Aren't they about to start allowing thr universities to pay players directly?

Also, quiet as kept, these large universities (like Michigan and OU etc) have gigantic endowments.

Michigan for example has a $17.9 BILLION dollar endowment. A small portion of that coulr sustain NIL for all sports

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Aren't they about to start allowing thr universities to pay players directly?

Also, quiet as kept, these large universities (like Michigan and OU etc) have gigantic endowments.

Michigan for example has a $17.9 BILLION dollar endowment. A small portion of that coulr sustain NIL for all sports
I'm not sure they'd even throw crumbs at the athletic department. Michigan literally doesn't give a rats ass about athletics.. believe it or not.

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO

For this modern game

RB - CJ Spiller
QB - D4 "Massage Client" Watson
WR - Nuk Hopkins

I honestly think CJ would be one of the best RBs in the game if he was playing today (him and Reggie Bush).

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
Wake was working Clemson DBs this game man. clemson was lucky to get out that with the W
i thought of this game again seeing Nate Wiggins ran like a 4.2 or 4.3 at the combine
he was mad as hell during the game how Wake WRs were doing them

It was a product of Wes Goodwin being a 1st yr DC and the secondary being young and not communicating. Their eyes were so locked into the slow mesh that Sam Hartman was able to carve them up. We had like 3 Freshman starting that game with the others being sophomores.

I called that game fools gold bc DJU looked like everything clicked and our offense was back. And then we sputtered.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
nissan-heisman-house-eddie-george.gif

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Anybody else feel like NIL has kinda taken the wind out of things just a bit?

I'm all for players prospering, but there needs to be some rules in place.

I think the one thing that Nick said was the best, their needs to be disclosure of deals, because it’s setting up unrealistic expectations

Other than that, the shyt that was under the table is above the table

You can recruit someone, help them develop into having a great freshman yr, then boom, gone to some other school.

Happened to us. That's pretty crappy IMO.

It’s the nature of the game, nikkas can bytch and moan but it’s no different than Alabama having mf grey shirt just for a shot to be on the squad, these kids keep going to schools based on hype, and then either graduate accomplishing nothing or end up transferring, if you think you got what it takes to beat out 8-10 5 stars/top 100 kids cool

Also vetting kids more too, if a mf got ambitions then you should know that but you gotta also keep your war chest up to keep kids

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Basketball needs to redo their rules, i understand maybe not 3 like football… though it should, maybe 2 years, man unless you hardcore hoop nikka, you probably couldn’t tell a mf on the team you like, at this point you just jersey cheering, if they force kids to stay at least you know some kids, and they actually develop rather than break for the league to wash out asap or sit at the end of the bench