The Official 2023 World Baseball Classic Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Everybody is so excited to see Trout vs. Ohtani like we won't see plenty of that in 2024 after Ohtani leaves Anaheim for the Dodgers.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Which former player do you guys like as a broadcaster?

I thought David Cone was good when he does Yankees games. But sometimes he goes off a little bit too much on the analytics.

And I actually LIKE the analytics stuff. But I got the sense that Michael Kay and Paul O’Neill did not really care about that stuff. Maybe the average fan doesn’t either.
There's only one answer: Bobby Mercer :mjcry:

And I say this having grown up as a Yankee hater. Mercer was absolute class as a broadcaster.

:mjcry:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
john-krasinski-yes.gif

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sadly, this tracks with what I see in Japan. Kids playing baseball all day. I’ve seen moms out here throwing to their sons at the park. Every baseball diamond has a game going. First time I’ve ever seen pick up baseball with kids outside of the movies. US may have more top end talent but these tournaments where you are plugging and playing into a system will certainly suit Japan more.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Sadly, this tracks with what I see in Japan. Kids playing baseball all day. I’ve seen moms out here throwing to their sons at the park. Every baseball diamond has a game going. First time I’ve ever seen pick up baseball with kids outside of the movies. US may have more top end talent but these tournaments where you are plugging and playing into a system will certainly suit Japan more.
It also don't help that USA is playing like the local softball league before, during, and after happy hour.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Japan is showing that it's about team cohesion not just individual talent.

Game is a snooze fest though.