The Official 2023 World Baseball Classic Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Too Steven needs to pull lindor, Pete and McNeil from the rest of this tournament if that injury is as bad as it looks. I'm as big of a supporter of the WBC as anybody, but the focus is on the regular season
Yup. Especially Lindor and Alonso. Last thing we need is the big hitters out for any time.

Is Armando Benitez available somewhere?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Too Steven needs to pull lindor, Pete and McNeil from the rest of this tournament if that injury is as bad as it looks. I'm as big of a supporter of the WBC as anybody, but the focus is on the regular season
I'm gutted and not even because we lost.

He got injured celebrating. CELEBRATING! Bro, y'all even practice that shyt in spring training. It wasn't even a baseball play. That's what makes it crazy to me. A freak injury like that and it's gonna cast a dark cloud over the rest of the tourney (and the Mets' season).

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Really hope Díaz didn’t tear that ACL but another shytty thing about it is that the American media especially is going to shyt on this tournament even more and push the narrative that it’s pointless, star players shouldn’t go, etc.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
FelineBogusFawn-size_restricted.gif

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
shyt happens. I'm not gonna suddenly say this event is bad or any bullshyt like that even if it's my team getting hurt. Hopefully the rest of the pen can hold it down for a good chunk of time.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Y'all ready for the knockout round, lose and ya done

Daps
Kills me that Diaz got hurt, but if his ACL blew because he celebrated, he could have just as easily blew it in ST walking off the mound. Or in the first few games celebrating a save. Using one freak example of an ACL tear to argue against teams letting their players play in the WBC doesn't make sense.