The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Every conference is top heavy except the ACC. The big 10 is Michigan and Ohio State. Pac 12 is Utah and Oregon. Big 12 is balanced with TCU, KState, Texas, etc. There's a reason the SEC has tons of teams in the top 25 and the rest of those conferences have just a few.

:wtf:

Which alternate universe did you come from? "The Pac-12 is Utah and Oregon"? Breh, the Pac-12 has SIX teams that were roughly the same at the top this year - USC, Utah, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, and UCLA.

"The SEC has tons of teams in the top-25 and the rest of those conferences have just a few"? Breh, the Pac-12 has more teams in the top-18 than the SEC has in the entire top-25 and that's even with shytty-ass Mississippi State being ranked despite having no case based on performance.

The reason the SEC is "top-heavy" while the Pac-12 beats each other up is because SEC teams play 8 home games, at least 3 shytty-ass OOC opponents, and no more than 2-3 big games a year, while Pac-12 teams play just 7 home games, 1-2 shytty OOC opponents at most, and 4-5 big games. As a result the Pac-12 always ends up with more losses, because they simply schedule more games that they can lose. If the SEC went to a 9-game in-conference schedule and played 1-2 real games OOC on top of it, their losses would distribute more normally.

And the rankings are bullshyt.

Washington is 10-2 with TWO wins over top-20 teams and is still just ranked #12. USC is 11-2 with THREE wins over top-20 teams and is still just ranked #8. Alabama is 10-2 with NO wins over top-20 teams and is ranked #5.

Let me repeat: USC is 3-2 against top-20 teams, Alabama is 0-2 against top-20 teams, and yet Alabama is ranked ahead of USC despite both teams having the same record and Alabama having worse wins AND a worse loss.

That's how fukking stupid the rankings are.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Traylor gets the job before Joey does. Traylor is probably next man up if Sark fails but Sark is going to get 4 years.

Even over Jeff Taylor? I'm surprised Traylor hasn't been hired away to a P5 job yet.
Traylor and McGuire are on my shortlist. If you look around the CFB landscape there aren't that many big time veteran coaches to choose from anymore. So I think the next hire is going to come from within the state.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

Which alternate universe did you come from? "The Pac-12 is Utah and Oregon"? Breh, the Pac-12 has SIX teams that were roughly the same at the top this year - USC, Utah, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, and UCLA.

"The SEC has tons of teams in the top-25 and the rest of those conferences have just a few"? Breh, the Pac-12 has more teams in the top-18 than the SEC has in the entire top-25 and that's even with shytty-ass Mississippi State being ranked despite having no case based on performance.

The reason the SEC is "top-heavy" while the Pac-12 beats each other up is because SEC teams play 8 home games, at least 3 shytty-ass OOC opponents, and no more than 2-3 big games a year, while Pac-12 teams play just 7 home games, 1-2 shytty OOC opponents at most, and 4-5 big games. As a result the Pac-12 always ends up with more losses, because they simply schedule more games that they can lose. If the SEC went to a 9-game in-conference schedule and played 1-2 real games OOC on top of it, their losses would distribute more normally.

Washington is 10-2 with TWO wins over top-20 teams and is still just ranked #12. USC is 11-2 with THREE wins over top-20 teams and is still just ranked #8. Alabama is 10-2 with NO wins over top-20 teams and is ranked #5.

Let me repeat: USC is 3-2 against top-20 teams, Alabama is 0-2 against top-20 teams, and yet Alabama is ranked ahead of USC despite both teams having the same record and Alabama having worse wins AND a worse loss.

preach

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
SEC been very too heavy come bowl season last 2-3 years IIRC. There’s no denying the top 2-3 teams, but the Ole Piss level teams are living off Bama & UGA’s rep.

The SEC hasn’t been a top to bottom good conference since maybe 2015, still the best conference but still

Didn’t the Pac-12 Champion lose to a mid Florida team?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Utah isn't any better than any of the other 6 Pac-12 teams at the top, they just happened to have USC's number. Pac-12 had 6 good teams this year and just all beat each other up. If Utah hadn't managed at 2-point coversion with seconds left against USC in October, they would have finished 8-4 and been the 6th-best team in the Pac-12.

Utah traveled to Gainsville for the first game of the year and had a fluke loss. More yards, more first downs, same turnovers, but lost on the final play after a 2nd-and-goal from the 1 and a 1st-and-goal from the 6 both resulted in zero points. That same Florida team was 1 play away from beating Tennessee in Tennessee's own house and took out South Carolina by 32, so one home game at the beginning of the year doesn't somehow discount the rest of the season.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

I’m not sure what this means, i have no clue how good he will be, but why give up the number 2 seat in americas sport’s landscape, for the bears, money probably ridiculous, and probably less stress, gotta be tough being the hnic in the Midwest with some of these idiot fans
Traylor and McGuire are on my shortlist. If you look around the CFB landscape there aren't that many big time veteran coaches to choose from anymore. So I think the next hire is going to come from within the state.
They Texas made and Texas connected, but folks ain’t exactly longing for that pressure cooker in Austin, yall then ran through coaches since Mack left. I can see a world where they say nope I’m good, sometimes the money and prestige ain’t enough for the instability and stress
@Swagnificent day has finally come

The bat signal then went up, he bout to pop up like sting out them rafters

sting.gif

The SEC hasn’t been a top to bottom good conference since maybe 2015, still the best conference but still

They are a totally different team then they were opening weekend and you know it

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
If Sark fails the next hire will be Traylor unless Kyle Shanahan is interested.