The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Hope Coach Leach pulls through.

He’s the epitome of what College Football is, quirky, off the wall, different.
Not the good things

RIP if so, I never new the man irl to speak on him personally and wish no man of any merit to die but I stand by everything I said about Mike Leach as a coach and leader in this thread.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Not the good things

RIP if so, I never new the man irl to speak on him personally and wish no man of any merit to die but I stand by everything I said about Mike Leach as a coach and leader in this thread.
He's a jerk to his players but he's a great coach as far as program building goes. He's taken 3 different programs that were terrible and made them relevant all while being an interesting non coach speak guy. Hell just in the 3 years at State he's tied mullen for program record for wins against ranked teams.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the good things

A Miss St player just posted the real about him in his transfer announcement last week

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He's a jerk to his players but he's a great coach as far as program building goes. He's taken 3 different programs that were terrible and made them relevant all while being an interesting non coach speak guy. Hell just in the 3 years at State he's tied mullen for program record for wins against ranked teams.
Nah, We not about to do this when I been on here defening Dan Mullens the past year and nobody wanted to give him his credit :unimpressed:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Made the relevant to 6 loss seasons all the time. Does he have any seasons where he beat 3 good teams ever? Who were those ranked teams?

He's a coordinator with a full head set and no self accountability. Zero teams in his history have had a defense.

Hope he isn't dead but we are gonna romanticize his career now. Not here

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Nah, We not about to do this when I been on here defening Dan Mullens the past year and nobody wanted to give him his credit :unimpressed:
:russ:
Made the relevant to 6 loss seasons all the time. Does he have any seasons where he beat 3 good teams ever? Who were those ranked teams?

He's a coordinator with a full head set and no self accountability. Zero teams in his history have had a defense.

Hope he isn't dead but we are gonna romanticize his career now. Not here
But he doesn’t coach the defense, all he can do is hope he hits on a good DC, he got wassu and tech 9 and 10 win seasons you know how rarefied air that is? The issue with him is he throws players under the bus, rubs some people the wrong way, and does not have the cache to do the things he’s done, but the ironic thing about all this is he’s a fukkin lawyer and still doesn’t think when he speaks

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
:russ:

But he doesn’t coach the defense, all he can do is hope he hits on a good DC, he got wassu and tech 9 and 10 win seasons you know how rarefied air that is? The issue with him is he throws players under the bus, rubs some people the wrong way, and does not have the cache to do the things he’s done, but the ironic thing about all this is he’s a fukkin lawyer and still doesn’t think when he speaks
He coaches everything...as he is the head coach. And he hires DCs...and they follow his direction and leadership.

There is no reason we view him with higher regard than Rich Rod, Kirk Farentz, Dan Mullen, or other 1 dimensional coaches

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
He coaches everything...as he is the head coach. And he hires DCs...and they follow his direction and leadership.

There is no reason we view him with higher regard than Rich Rod, Kirk Farentz, Dan Mullen, or other 1 dimensional coaches
I think we all know you have the autonomy, when you are HC, but it does not mean you hit on a Dc and that’s not your side of the ball, when Bob got ou the chip, he recognized an oc that gave him fits and brought him on, and they brought a chip to Norman, everyone can’t do that,

the regard i hold leach in is, he’s done some great work at the schools he coached, but personality wise, he’s weird, aloof, lacks accountability, and has trouble dealing with people, i wouldn’t be surprised if he has something like Asperger’s or something because he’s socially awkward. But that man can X and o with the best of them

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I think we all know you have the autonomy, when you are HC, but it does not mean you hit on a Dc and that’s not your side of the ball, when Bob got ou the chip, he recognized an oc that gave him fits and brought him on, and they brought a chip to Norman, everyone can’t do that,

the regard i hold leach in is, he’s done some great work at the schools he coached, but personality wise, he’s weird, aloof, lacks accountability, and has trouble dealing with people, i wouldn’t be surprised if he has something like Asperger’s or something because he’s socially awkward. But that man can X and o with the best of them
That's his fault. It's also his fault he has recruited almost zero defensive playmakers and loses games he scores 40 in all the time. I can't excuse his absolute malpractice never building a cohesive defensive strategy his entire career.

...and then blaming his failures on his players and their "fat little girlfriends" :rudy:

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Man that would be some wiiiiiiiiiiild ass shyt if so :dwillhuh:

In all my years of watching CFB since 03 I can't ever recall an active coach going like that

Yeah for college basketball I remember skip Prosser but can't think of one for college football that was active

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There was a year with Crabtree that i felt Texas Tech could go all the way... they nearly did. That's crazy for a school of Tech's stature. He wasn't a guy that's just handed players hand over fist.

Leach deserves credit for what he did there.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
That's his fault. It's also his fault he has recruited almost zero defensive playmakers and loses games he scores 40 in all the time. I can't excuse his absolute malpractice never building a cohesive defensive strategy his entire career.

...and then blaming his failures on his players and their "fat little girlfriends" :rudy:
Dude that’s a disingenuous way of approaching this coaching thing, if every coach constantly hit on oc/dcs then their would be no nick saban, you try to get guys off staffs that has proven success, either recruiting or scheme and hope for the best, shyt we didn’t know the nfl exchange student stuff would work with John until it did, let alone minter taking and improving on it without two first round studs on the edge, do you know how lucky that is ?? For all the shyt we giving osu (deserved) their Dc had one of the best statistical years a defense can have and we (everyone) is acting like they 122 in defense all year, Don Brown had us ranked in top 10 defenses for multiple years til it fell apart, Jim got him because the success he had at bc with less stellar athletes so you figured the translation would work ( which it did until osu and Indiana found the juice to defeat it) and this conversation does not include learning when to move on, pay and you gotta get what you can get given resources and job prospects, if you are an up and coming Dc what good will your great defensive scheme look like with 2-3 stars and an offense that will score in minutes, and you are going against 30 iterations of the spread with better teams, also keep in mind there was a thought that defense never existed in the big 12 but the reality is you can only do so much given these same offensive schemes are currently in play at lots of schools and is the reason for the explosion of points