The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
12 game playoff is going to mean a lot of conference games are meaningless and tbh it’s going to be rare as it is now to see upsets.

How many upsets in the playoffs has there been? 2014 OSU? Any others?
A lot of these conference games were meaningless anyway, win to get a good position in the playoffs so your first game ain’t uga or Bama

Daps
Reppin
Chi
A lot of these conference games were meaningless anyway, win to get a good position in the playoffs so your first game ain’t uga or Bama

Sure but now they’re even more meaningless.

Going off last years 12 team picture…y’all would’ve had to play OSU again. I think true rivalries (not Bama uga) should only be played 1x per year. Win and you get to talk shyt for the year, lose and you where the dunce hat. I’m a traditionalist in that way and in that I like the CFB regular season being the most meaningful regular season in sports.

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
12 team playoff is suppose to have 6 conference champions and 6 at large

Conferences getting rid of divisions might lead to more rematches than the playoff.

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Sure but now they’re even more meaningless.

Going off last years 12 team picture…y’all would’ve had to play OSU again. I think true rivalries (not Bama uga) should only be played 1x per year. Win and you get to talk shyt for the year, lose and you where the dunce hat. I’m a traditionalist in that way and in that I like the CFB regular season being the most meaningful regular season in sports.
I feel you, i look at it differently, and majority of Americans look at it my way more consumption, and maybe we play osu again maybe we don’t, but now the shyt talking means more because it’s one thing to win the game, but if we win and put they dog asses out the playoffs then I’m really talking shyt

Menna

All Star
Daps
Everybody would be saying the saying thing about Kelly if they got stopped.
I don't think so at some point you have to play to win the game. Bama was playing to go up by 5 or 8 or 7 playing the numbers...Kelly 2 point was for the win not math...

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
there used to be a pipeline where the group of 5 schools' head coaches prove themselves and feed into power 5 conferences but now they are more like destination gigs for head coaches who don't want to be on the hot seat with crazy lofty expectations from their past schools while still reaping the benefits of the recruiting base, facing lesser competition, and holding a stable coaching career not having to move to different places all the time

cincinnati had mark dantonio, brian kelly, butch jones, but now luke fickell is squatting there until he gets another call from ohio state

UCF had scott frost, josh heupel, but now gus malzhan is there after leaving auburn

houston had art briles, kevin sumlin, tom herman, but now dana holgerson is there after going from the big 12's west virginia to the american conference

if you are a hot shot coach, there are still group of 5 schools with great recruiting bases in florida, texas, and louisiana to take advantage of (after you instill the right culture, standards, scheme, and make it less dysfunctional for players to get coached) but i'm not sure why certain P5 head coach searches still look into arkansas state or boise state (and randomly still find gus malzhan, hugh freeze, bryan harsin, chris petersen) for hires where they are not located at a talent hotbed and have to get their recruits elsewhere to win games

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
there used to be a pipeline where the group of 5 schools' head coaches prove themselves and feed into power 5 conferences but now they are more like destination gigs for head coaches who don't want to be on the hot seat with crazy lofty expectations from their past schools while still reaping the benefits of the recruiting base, facing lesser competition, and holding a stable coaching career not having to move to different places all the time

cincinnati had mark dantonio, brian kelly, butch jones, but now luke fickell is squatting there until he gets another call from ohio state

UCF had scott frost, josh heupel, but now gus malzhan is there after leaving auburn

houston had art briles, kevin sumlin, tom herman, but now dana holgerson is there after going from the big 12's west virginia to the american conference

if you are a hot shot coach, there are still group of 5 schools with great recruiting bases in florida, texas, and louisiana to take advantage of (after you instill the right culture, standards, scheme, and make it less dysfunctional for players to get coached) but i'm not sure why certain P5 head coach searches still look into arkansas state or boise state (and randomly still find gus malzhan, hugh freeze, bryan harsin, chris petersen) for hires where they are not located at a talent hotbed and have to get their recruits elsewhere to win games

The G5 pipeline to HC will be a lot more limited than it used to be, now they are looking for coaches with sec experience, you even have G5 coaches taking coordinator/lesser roles at P5 schools to get the cache to get another P5 job, Luke may stay at the natti because stability is key for a lot of coaches these days, if you making a mil plus a year and probably a crib paid for your kids not moving around every 2-3 years is priceless

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother

3rd party ohio state social media propaganda is weird....some of their fan behavior is approaching TA&M status calling themselves THE ohio state to distinguish themselves from other OSU's like oregon or oklahoma state when there's multiple UM's and MSU's and nobody else seems to be bothered, crossing out every 'M' in columbus and yet their 'block O' was fashioned after the 'block M' (History Lessons: The Block M, In Brief), calling michigan TTUN or scUM and yet the cursive 'ohio' marching band script was taught by michigan (Michigan Teaches Ohio State 'The Script Ohio' (1932) — MVictors.com - Michigan Football History), the practice of hazing their marching band back when ohio wasn't good at football and had to compensate with a good halftime show (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ohio-state-sexual-director-fired_n_5649531), not pumping at michigan gas stations (Woody Hayes Quote #2), claiming that joe burrow is 'developed there' and yet he had an average year in 2018 before he broke out in 2019, announcing under media that they are ohio state fans but the content has like 3 degrees of separation from ohio state, etc...also, why didn't they do a big 10 version of this chart? it's like they ran out of pro-propaganda about themselves and decided to do anti-propaganda about everybody else...like this fukking site:

the SEC has several random comedy channels ingratiating themselves by putting humor in understanding their quirks, similarities, and differences in football fanbases -- they even buy the authentic jerseys to portray themselves as different fans and opinions. why don't the people from any other football conference think to do this and change the narrative from the the usual tradition of 'strawman fallacy' hate, groomed fan echo chambers, and stalemate online bickering by converting them into open conversations and entertainment, even after excruciating losses? gotta love that southern hospitality. get that kirk herbstreit sponsorship at the end of every video and have lane kiffin retweet your video, lol

people only talk shyt or campaign against other teams or conferences as 'insurance' to compensate for their own team not doing so hot, especially when it's a weekday with no games to talk about...you know LSU had a fighting chance when bama fans go out their way to make slogans on signs and gameday/SEC network wasn't held there for these signs to show up on TV

if their team is doing fine, they wouldn't initiate making up propaganda slogans about everybody else and just have the actual matchup be the lie detector test when the stupid eye test or deceptive propaganda statistics fails.

if it wasn't for the SEC office in birmingham, there wouldn't be a fine for storming the field simply because bama fans don't do it. it's not like if you get rid of the fine that people would storm the field after every game, smh

Last edited:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's so haaaard to say goodbye to yesterday
full

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
3rd party ohio state social media propaganda is weird....some of their fan behavior is approaching TA&M status calling themselves THE ohio state to distinguish themselves from other OSU's like oregon or oklahoma state when there's multiple UM's and MSU's and nobody else seems to be bothered, crossing out every 'M' in columbus and yet their 'block O' was fashioned after the 'block M' (History Lessons: The Block M, In Brief), calling michigan TTUN or scUM and yet the cursive 'ohio' marching band script was taught by michigan (Michigan Teaches Ohio State 'The Script Ohio' (1932) — MVictors.com - Michigan Football History), the practice of hazing their marching band back when ohio wasn't good at football and had to compensate with a good halftime show (The Weird, Dirty, Sexual Things Ohio State's Band Did That Got The Director Fired), not pumping at michigan gas stations (Woody Hayes Quote #2), claiming that joe burrow is 'developed there' and yet he had an average year in 2018 before he broke out in 2019, announcing under media that they are ohio state fans but the content has like 3 degrees of separation from ohio state, etc...also, why didn't they do a big 10 version of this chart? it's like they ran out of pro-propaganda about themselves and decided to do anti-propaganda about everybody else...like this fukking site:

the SEC has several random comedy channels ingratiating themselves by putting humor in understanding their quirks, similarities, and differences in football fanbases -- they even buy the authentic jerseys to portray themselves as different fans and opinions. why don't the people from any other football conference think to do this and change the narrative from the the usual tradition of 'strawman fallacy' hate, groomed fan echo chambers, and stalemate online bickering by converting them into open conversations and entertainment, even after excruciating losses? gotta love that southern hospitality. get that kirk herbstreit sponsorship at the end of every video and have lane kiffin retweet your video, lol

people only talk shyt or campaign against other teams or conferences as 'insurance' to compensate for their own team not doing so hot, especially when it's a weekday with no games to talk about...you know LSU had a fighting chance when bama fans go out their way to make slogans on signs and gameday/SEC network wasn't held there for these signs to show up on TV

if their team is doing fine, they wouldn't initiate making up propaganda slogans about everybody else and just have the actual matchup be the lie detector test when the stupid eye test or deceptive propaganda statistics fails.

if it wasn't for the SEC office in birmingham, there wouldn't be a fine for storming the field simply because bama fans don't do it. it's not like if you get rid of the fine that people would storm the field after every game, smh
It’s def an Ohio st ego thing, and as a Michigan fan you hate it but they been mopping our ass for 10 years so you have to deal with it, but sec fans are not above it, until sanky got in office and told everyone stop reporting on the other schools because it weakens the conference, it was so much hate in the sec, so if hate started at the school level you know how fans get down

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
It’s def an Ohio st ego thing, and as a Michigan fan you hate it but they been mopping our ass for 10 years so you have to deal with it, but sec fans are not above it, until sanky got in office and told everyone stop reporting on the other schools because it weakens the conference, it was so much hate in the sec, so if hate started at the school level you know how fans get down
20 years :umadOh: