The OFFICIAL 2019 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
On the Saturday Down South Podcast, Garcia shared a rather pushy recruiting pitch from Meyer when he was on UF's campus visiting on a game weekend.

"He did say some pretty interesting stuff, though, when I went up there," Garcia said. "So we went to a game, I forgot who they played. It might have been South Carolina, actually. I went up there with a couple of my buddies and my older brother, who was playing at Harvard at the time, and one of his old high school teammates. And his high school teammate was a black dude.

"So we went up there and after the game we were kind of shooting the sh** with Urban Meyer kind of in like the conference room. He's sitting there talking and we're just kind of chit-chatting and all the sudden he goes, 'All right, Stephen, I'm going to say something right now and this may offend some people.'"

Garcia took a moment or two to build some suspense as he continued with the story. Mind you, he ultimately ended up at South Carolina, spurning the school two hours north of his Tampa home.

"My brother's old teammate was the only black guy in the room," Garcia continued. "So I'm like, 'What the hell is this guy about to say?' And he's like, 'Yeah, Stephen, this is going to be offensive to some people.' And I was like, 'Oh God.' I thought he was about to say some racial stuff or something."

Instead, Meyer managed to catch Garcia and everyone else in the room even more off-guard.

"He kind of just looks at me and he goes, 'You've got to stop being such a f****** p**** and just commit to Florida,'" Garcia said, still seemingly in disbelief at the exchange.

Wrapping up the story, Garcia shared his response when that happened.

"I kind of looked at him and everybody just kind of looked at me with their jaws on the floor, like, 'what are you going to do?' or 'What are you going to say?'" he said. "I just looked at Urban dead in the eye and I was like, 'Excuse me, what? What the hell are you... is that... what? What's going on, man? I'm not coming here, are you sh****** me?'"

Garcia, of course, eventually signed with former Florida coach Steve Spurrier at South Carolina in the 2007 class. The Gators instead settled for Cam Newton and John Brantley. And Meyer won his second national title in Gainesville the following year.

:dead:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
On the Saturday Down South Podcast, Garcia shared a rather pushy recruiting pitch from Meyer when he was on UF's campus visiting on a game weekend.

"He did say some pretty interesting stuff, though, when I went up there," Garcia said. "So we went to a game, I forgot who they played. It might have been South Carolina, actually. I went up there with a couple of my buddies and my older brother, who was playing at Harvard at the time, and one of his old high school teammates. And his high school teammate was a black dude.

"So we went up there and after the game we were kind of shooting the sh** with Urban Meyer kind of in like the conference room. He's sitting there talking and we're just kind of chit-chatting and all the sudden he goes, 'All right, Stephen, I'm going to say something right now and this may offend some people.'"

Garcia took a moment or two to build some suspense as he continued with the story. Mind you, he ultimately ended up at South Carolina, spurning the school two hours north of his Tampa home.

"My brother's old teammate was the only black guy in the room," Garcia continued. "So I'm like, 'What the hell is this guy about to say?' And he's like, 'Yeah, Stephen, this is going to be offensive to some people.' And I was like, 'Oh God.' I thought he was about to say some racial stuff or something."

Instead, Meyer managed to catch Garcia and everyone else in the room even more off-guard.

"He kind of just looks at me and he goes, 'You've got to stop being such a f****** p**** and just commit to Florida,'" Garcia said, still seemingly in disbelief at the exchange.

"I kind of looked at him and everybody just kind of looked at me with their jaws on the floor, like, 'what are you going to do?' or 'What are you going to say?'" he said. "I just looked at Urban dead in the eye and I was like, 'Excuse me, what? What the hell are you... is that... what? What's going on, man? I'm not coming here, are you sh****** me?'"

Garcia, of course, eventually signed with former Florida coach Steve Spurrier at South Carolina in the 2007 class. The Gators instead settled for Cam Newton and John Brantley. And Meyer won his second national title in Gainesville the following year.

:salute: to my coach for keeping it 100

Had his dumb ass he would’ve had him a Natty (although we know who really was the best team in 08 :mjpls:)

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
:salute: to my coach for keeping it 100

Had his dumb ass he would’ve had him a Natty (although we know who really was the best team in 08 :mjpls:)

Oddly enough, as much of a drunk he was, he woulda fit right in with our culture at the time :dead:

I'm going to let that last comment you made slide too :mjpls:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Brock Vandagriff ,#1 player in the entire country so far.

If we have a good defensive year under Grinch, we're gonna be back in a good position

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

That’s our coach. :brutuswow:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye. Day leading us to a natty in year one anyway. :dayumad:

There is not that much competition in your conference to dispute playoffs at least. If he can get ya'll to stop losing games ya'll shouldn't then playoffs is a breeze. Not like Michigan going to stop ya'll anytime soon. :mjlol: shyt Maryland might be the only comp if Lock keeps getting good recruits.