Ohio State
Notre Dame
Texas
UGA
Michigan
Alabama
LSU

are all better HC jobs with that criteria than OU

Those are all lateral, at those jobs, the moneys there, the prestige is there equally

you can't shyt on OU's location and then mention Michigan, OSU, and Bama :comeon:.

Those jobs you listed are equal to OU and leaving OU to coach those jobs isn't an upgrade, it's a lateral move. We gonna always disagree on this one bruh

You actually are right, it’s lateral, all those places have the facilities, money, large fan base, etc, it’s just honestly the weather that seperates most of those

And ou poaches talent from Texas, Cali, and Louisiana usually

Gainesville, Columbus, South Bend, Athens, Tuscaloosa, and Baton Rouge are great locations?

South bend nope, the rest of them are pretty nice

You tellin me OU is the same caliber of job as Bama, OSU or Michigan? :dwillhuh:

All of them are better than Norman and better in proximity to elite athletes. You have to leave Oklahoma to get great talent. You don't have to do that with the schools I mentioned.

You realize Oklahoma gets a lot of Texas talent that’s why the red river game is so important. Ou, is a good job, the only reason you leave ou is because your alma matter calls and you want that job, or it was a particular job you wanted

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
No matter how good your in state talent is you're still going to have to go out of state :AuburnCamby:
True but it's a delicate game to play. Go out of state too much and you risk alienating the HS coaches in your state who will push for kids to not go to your school. Schools like OU, Tennessee and Oregon have to cause even the best of the best in their respective states will bounce for a Bama, UF (when hot), Texas (see UF), etc

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Those are all lateral, at those jobs, the moneys there, the prestige is there equally

You actually are right, it’s lateral, all those places have the facilities, money, large fan base, etc, it’s just honestly the weather that seperates most of those

And ou poaches talent from Texas, Cali, and Louisiana usually

South bend nope, the rest of them are pretty nice

You realize Oklahoma gets a lot of Texas talent that’s why the red river game is so important. Ou, is a good job, the only reason you leave ou is because your alma matter calls and you want that job, or it was a particular job you wanted

Right and as much as I love UF, in a weird way, am I wrong in seeing it as more of a "stepping stone" job than if you get it, you feel like you gonna be there 10 plus years? Can't describe it but I think you get my drift

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Right and as much as I love UF, in a weird way, am I wrong in seeing it as more of a "stepping stone" job than if you get it, you feel like you gonna be there 10 plus years? Can't describe it but I think you get my drift

At one point Florida was a destination job, i think it’s lost some shine, but, with the right regime it can be, you are square in the middle of a football talent hot bed, great weather, some great school history, great facilities, the side of the conference you play on isn’t impossible to win..... the conference on the other hand is