dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
OU back on their scumbag shyt. :hhh: @jadillac

Oklahoma CB Parrish Cobb arrested for second time in three months

The arrests keep coming at Oklahoma this offseason, and now it seems we have a repeat offender.

Parrish Cobb was arrested on Thursday morning and charged with armed robbery. It's the second time Cobb has been arrested in the last three months, and he is already suspended from the football team and the school.

The latest charges stem from an alleged robbery that took place on Wednesday night. The Norman Police Department released a statement on Thursday detailing the arrest.

The victim stated that two black males entered his apartment and pointed semi-automatic handguns at him and his roommate. The two suspects then stole cash and drugs from the residence before leaving on foot. No one was injured during the incident. One of the suspects concealed his identity with a mask and gloves. The second suspect did not conceal his identity and was later identified by one of the victims as 19-year-old Parrish Cobb.

The statement says that Cobb was apprehended and booked into the Cleveland County Detention Center on complaints of robbery with a dangerous weapon, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and conspiracy to commit a felony. The statement also says the identity of Cobb's alleged accomplice in the robbery remains unknown.

Cobb was arrested in January and charged with three felonies for counts of first-degree aggravated robbery which occurred in Waco, Texas. Cobb had originally committed to playing at Baylor as a four-star recruit in 2016 but left the program following the sexual assault scandal at the school.

This latest arrest is the fifth arrest of an Oklahoma player this offseason. Quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Chris Robinson, as well as defensive back Ronnie LaRue, have all been arrested since the end of the 2016 season.

Odds are Cobb will be the first of the four to be a former Sooner soon enough.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm less concerned about Parrish Cobb and more concnered about this.

Mbanasor, Stephens transferring from OU

I guess they saw the writing on the wall with all the new recruits and future targets at DB. PJ has the build of an NFL CB....be interesting to see where they both go. Hate to lose them just from a depth purpose

Recruiting can tell you a lot about the direction of a program, and you know something was about to go down with Oklahoma and its secondary.

Head coach Bob Stoops said Thursday evening cornerbacks Antoine Stephens and P.J. Mbanasor will both be looking to transfer from the program.

“Antoine Stephens and also P.J. Mbanasor are guys that want to try and find something different,” Stoops said. “At this point that’s all I know of.”

Stephens, a three-star recruit for the 2015 class, didn’t see action in two years in Norman. Mbanasor, after starting one game as a freshman, didn’t see significant time the rest of the way and redshirted last season and was a four-star recruit for the 2015 class.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
He was a Baylor transfer last year

He's not on the team, and hasnt been for a few months.

Sad that he's gone this way tho
He got drunk on his recruiting visit to UT and he had issues in high school.

Three OU players arrested in a week tho? I guess yall trying to restore the feeling. :leon:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I'm less concerned about Parrish Cobb and more concnered about this.

Mbanasor, Stephens transferring from OU

I guess they saw the writing on the wall with all the new recruits and future targets at DB. PJ has the build of an NFL CB....be interesting to see where they both go. Hate to lose them just from a depth purpose
Wow I was high on both coming out of high school. I thought PJ would outgrow the position and move to safety. Stephens showed a lot of physicality in his HS tape. Da hell happened? Who's passing them up?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
@Silkk do you think it was a down year for the Pac 12 last season? No disrespect to your squad cause you guys turned it up late in the season but you still finished 3rd in that league. My thing is it seemed Stanford and Oregon the Zona school were pure shyt.

Do you think expect the league to be better.
Wasn't a down year at all with the rise of USC, Colorado, and Washington. Stanford won 10 games, and Wazzu had a nice run before they fell off. Everybody can't be great.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Wow I was high on both coming out of high school. I thought PJ would outgrow the position and move to safety. Stephens showed a lot of physicality in his HS tape. Da hell happened? Who's passing them up?

I have hope for PJ bc physically he LOOKS the part...but for whatever he couldn't adjust mentally....that's just MY observation of course. He started one game his freshman year, then never again. I noticed a play during Spring game, where he and the DB coach were arguing afterwards b/c it looked like he did something wrong. But alot of Sooner fans thought this was gonna be his year.

Stephens got ALOT of praise last year from the coaches during Spring/Summer camp.....but then I dunno what happened .

You would think with the probs we had all year with pass defense, they would've gotten a shot. So something else must be wrong.

We did sign a couple of DB's this class who are already contributing as early enrollees. Plus the guys we already had last year.

So they likely couldnt crack the 3 deep and decided to transfer.