O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I'm watching the Auburn replay on SECN

This dude Stidham has that Jeremy Johnson trait where his mind is already made up on where he's throwing it b4 he even snaps the ball

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I'm watching the Auburn replay on SECN

This dude Stidham has that Jeremy Johnson trait where his mind is already made up on where he's throwing it b4 he even snaps the ball
That's called ONE READ PLAYS, my friend

Such plays are VERY basic and used to move the ball without too much flash or risk. You typically do this with a first time starter just basically to get his legs under him. As is what most coaches do in first games against garbage teams.

There's enough tape readily available to see that Stidham hasn't done that in past and there was less than 5 passing plays I saw that would be considered non-vanilla. Most of what you're seeing is literally RPOs and go routes

edit: if you do want something to nibble on, the pass protection is still gelling. They are obv trying to find their lane pass protecting wise, especially with the new faces on the edge. Most of the receivers also lackadaisically ran their routes out there, which didnt help Stidham in looking off of the same safety blankets. If theres anything that could completely damn our season, it'd be that those two things become issues down the road.

Last edited:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Fell a sleep on the UCLA game around halftime. Wake up turn on sportcenter and them 4th qrt highlights. :whew: