305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
I wasn't trolling :mjpls:
5de6d27edefe33e5c592f7b34a9bd6cc.png

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Big Ten prime-time changes
Just four years ago the Big Ten’s media rights deals prevented November outdoor night games. In 2011, only 12 Big Ten games aired at night. This year, ABC/ESPN and FOX/FS1 will combine to show at least 15 prime-time games, with BTN broadcasting several more. The moratorium on November night outdoor football was lifted in 2014, and now teams can play night games through the regular-season finale.

Networks can flex games without a pre-announced time into any slot through the first weekend in November. That could include a noon, 3:30 pm. or 8 p.m. ET kickoff. It’s a major change for fans who were used to night unveilings announced at least four months in advance.

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always proposed that the Power 5 conferences have a conference vs conference challenge (like in college bball) as your OOC games and it's a home and home series then your conference plays another conference.

Example, Florida has 4 out of conference games, make 3 of those against Big 10 opponents then in 2 years UF and the SEC plays a different conference for their out of conference slate
Saban alluded to this idea during Bama's media day, but there's a few reasons why it wouldn't work.

First, 3 OOC games with another P5 is too many. Teams like UF, FSU, Clemson, South Carolina, Pitt, Penn State, Kentucky, and Louisville would be at a huge scheduling disadvantage given their own OOC rival. They wouldn't have room for a cupcake.

If you knock it down to 2 OOC Power 5 opponents to schedule a cupcake, the numbers wouldn't work out. For P5 teams, You have 65 P5 teams total including Notre Dame. Lets add BYU in there to balance it out to 66 for match-up sake. Even then, because there will 10 P5 teams left out of OOC scheduling because of the uneven amount of conferences.

Outside of the numbers, there is a huge risk in scheduling two OOC P5 teams years in advance. Imagine, being Florida scheduling Michigan State and Northwestern while they were mid-cards in 2009 for the 2015 hoping at least one would be competitive. MSU ended up a top 10 team and Northwestern was a top 25 team. That wouldn't be fair to UF.

For OOC scheduling, my proposal would be the NCAA require each P5 team to schedule at least 1 P5 team & 2/3 Group of 5 teams. If you are a P5 team who has 9 conference games or a OOC rival like UF, you would be required to schedule 2 Go5 teams. If you are a P5 team in a conference with 8 conference games and no OOC rival like Bama, you would be required to schedule 3 Go5 teams. Absolutely no scheduling FCS teams like Lamar and Mercer.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Saban alluded to this idea during Bama's media day, but there's a few reasons why it wouldn't work.

First, 3 OOC games with another P5 is too many. Teams like UF, FSU, Clemson, South Carolina, Pitt, Penn State, Kentucky, and Louisville would be at a huge scheduling disadvantage given their own OOC rival. They wouldn't have room for a cupcake.

If you knock it down to 2 OOC Power 5 opponents to schedule a cupcake, the numbers wouldn't work out. For P5 teams, You have 65 P5 teams total including Notre Dame. Lets add BYU in there to balance it out to 66 for match-up sake. Even then, because there will 10 P5 teams left out of OOC scheduling because of the uneven amount of conferences.

Outside of the numbers, there is a huge risk in scheduling two OOC P5 teams years in advance. Imagine, being Florida scheduling Michigan State and Northwestern while they were mid-cards in 2009 for the 2015 hoping at least one would be competitive. MSU ended up a top 10 team and Northwestern was a top 25 team. That wouldn't be fair to UF.

For OOC scheduling, my proposal would be the NCAA require each P5 team to schedule at least 1 P5 team & 2/3 Group of 5 teams. If you are a P5 team who has 9 conference games or a OOC rival like UF, you would be required to schedule 2 Go5 teams. If you are a P5 team in a conference with 8 conference games and no OOC rival like Bama, you would be required to schedule 3 Go5 teams. Absolutely no scheduling FCS teams like Lamar and Mercer.

I get your point but personally, I would prefer my Gators to have to go on the road to Michigan, then play Tennessee the following weekend, then play Iowa rather then now how we play Coastal Carolina and Citadel. Makes EVERY week intriguing.

I hate cupcake games.

Last edited: