The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
The water is polluted, instead of using a sewage treatment center they just inject it in their oceans

Those rowers and sailing people are going to get seriously sick
:ohhh:
You got a link or anything
Edit.. i did my Googles :scust:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All summer sixteen :banderas:

Team USA basketball
Botl
The marathon

Shouldn't you be cheering for team Canada :stopitslime:

Team-Canada.jpg

tristan-canada.jpg

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last chance qualifying tournament for basketball is only 3 months away

Canada is in a group with France, Turkey, New Zealand, Senegal and a couple others. Only 1 team will qualify out of that group and I don't think we're gonna make it :mjcry:

But y'all have 2 first overall draft picks on the Canadian team tho. :wtf:

481611902-anthony-bennett-takes-exception-with-tayavek-gettyimages.jpg

wiggins-9-12-2015.jpg

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Olympics 2016: Russia not yet fit for Rio Games, says Lord Coe

p03mfr92.jpg

Jump media player
Media player help

Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
Russia has until May to change - Coe
Russia has questioned whether it needs to "dance on the table" or "sing a song" in order to compete in athletics at the Rio Olympics this summer.

Sports minister Vitaly Mutko claims the country has done everything asked of it to meet IAAF anti-doping standards after being suspended last November.

Athletics' governing body says Russia has made "considerable progress" but there is "significant work to be done".

Russia will find out in May whether it can send athletes to the Olympic Games.

Mutko told Reuters: "You say we should elect new leadership for the athletics federation - OK, we've done that.

"You should not elect anyone to be the leader who has done this or that - OK, we did that.

"There are no criteria. What should Russian athletics do? Dance on the table? Sing a song?"

Jump media player
Media player help

Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
Russia doping crisis in 60 seconds
Mutko's comments came after a taskforce set up by the International Association of Athletics Federations revealed its findings at a meeting in Monaco on Friday.

Russia's athletics federation was suspended by the sport's world governing body in November after being accused of "state-sponsored" doping.

IAAF president Lord Coe revealed five other nations - Ethiopia, Morocco, Ukraine, Kenya and Belarus - are also under scrutiny.

He told BBC Sport: "We want to return trust to our sport - this is not just a Russian issue. We have to be on the front foot. We need to be proactive about these things.

"I'm here to be judged on how many athletes I can get from safe secure systems into free, fair and open competition. And that has to be the sole arbiter."

On the five other nations that are having their doping systems closely monitored, he said: "Ethiopia and Morocco, as a matter of urgency, both need to implement adequate and robust testing in and out of competition.

"Kenya, Ukraine and Belarus have been put on a monitoring list for 2016 to strengthen their anti-doping regimes and make sure their journey to compliance is completed by the end of the year.

"There are no immediate sanctions. It is just a wake-up call. Sanctions will only be considered if they don't comply with requirements."

The double Olympic champion also confirmed that a final decision on whether a Russian athletics team would compete in Rio would be made at the next IAAF council meeting, which will be convened for that specific purpose in May.

Russia must change 'doping culture'
Russia was suspended following the publication of an independent World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) report that examined allegations of doping, cover-ups and extortion in its athletics.

It must demonstrate it meets Wada and IAAF rules before being readmitted into the sport and, potentially, allowed to compete in the Rio Olympics.

The suspended Russian Anti-Doping Agency (Rusada) must also be able to operate without interference, following claims the country's security services were involved in the doping programme.

Rune Andersen, a former director of Wada, leads the five-strong IAAF taskforce which is examining Russia's anti-doping procedures.

"Russian authorities have made significant progress to meeting many of the verification criteria established by the IAAF, including changing president and council," Andersen said.

"The view of the taskforce is there is significant work still to be done to satisfy the reinstatement conditions - it's a big job and they're just at the beginning of this."

Unhappy athletes
In an open letter, Beckie Scott, chair of the committee that represents athletes at Wada, wrote: "There needs to be further investigation into other sports in Russia, and other countries identified in the report.

"The response to date - to such an evidence-based, incriminating report - has been unsatisfactory, and we renew our call for Wada to extend the mandate of the independent commission to sports in Russia other than athletics, as well as other countries named in the report.

"Wada states clearly that it supports clean athletes and at the moment, clean athletes are disappointed with the lack of action that has been taken."
Olympics 2016: Russia not yet fit for Rio Games, says Lord Coe

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
But y'all have 2 first overall draft picks on the Canadian team tho. :wtf:

481611902-anthony-bennett-takes-exception-with-tayavek-gettyimages.jpg

wiggins-9-12-2015.jpg
Canada has the most NBA players other than the US. Outside of a few guys they're all really young or fringe guys though. Turkey and France are still better international teams at this point

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Canada has the most NBA players other than the US. Outside of a few guys they're all really young or fringe guys though. Turkey and France are still better international teams at this point

canada has never had their best squad out there thompson didnt play last time

a team of
olynyk
thompson
wiggins
stauskas
joseph

would have qualified

we will have to see in phillipines though

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Hosting the olympics or world cup is proving to be disastrous for just about any country that takes it on.

Not sure what the narratives are for this olympics, but it'll be interesting to see if Gatlin takes the 100M

The Copper Gawd coming for Bolts neck :blessed:

That's my doping American :to:

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Enjoyed the 2012 Olympics. This one should be great too.

-Women's gymnastics also a usual mainstay.
-This USA Basketball team may possibly be the most talented one. Curry, Kawhi, KD, AD, Drummond on the court all at one time. You can't ask for a more perfect defense and offense.
-Of course Track and Field. Usually my favorite to watch and the event stealer.