The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
on the serious side, that O.G. note.

am I the only one that cant stand how a lot of the judges score the olympic boxing matches? it feels like theyre watching a different fight half the time.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
xdrnkw.jpg
:dead:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Laurie Hernandez seems the most genuine one

It was like that last time with McKayla. Though Laurie is more quiet. McKayla took over every interview they were in 4 years ago and then when time came to gear up for Rio, McKayla opted to be an IG thot and start a music career :dead:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I heard this shyt and damn near spit out my drink. This commenator gotta be the cattiest, zestiest dude of all time
honestly the commentator that does the play by play makes gymnastics way more interesting. i think he's great even though he can be corny at times. he knows his stuff and explains it nicely

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
There's definitely lying for some of them, but the one that looks the youngest (Chunsong) is apparently so small and underdeveloped because she was severely malnourished "growing" up.

She had one sibling starve to death and another go blind.
The harsh realities:mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't know why people are saying Laurie looks weird, she's a beautiful girl and those eyes are something else.
She looks like a little bug but in a cute way, she also has a great personality.

And y'all are reaching with all the reading into gabby. If you paid attention last Olympics, she wasn't "supposed to" make the team (she had a breakout performance during quals and grabbed the fifth spot), let alone be the star, jordyn weiber was. Jordyn lost her all around bid to gabby and aly, and then gabby surprised everyone by winning the all around. She's still a great all around gymnast, but as someone else said, aly snatched that second spot again this year. She did her part on the uneven bars but there's nothing else to look forward to now, she's chillin.

As for the brehs who were calling her :flabbynsick:, us women's gymnastics is stacked. every four years there will be someone else who is "the one". They calling Biles the GOAT, but this might possibly be her only Olympic appearance due to the turnover in that sport and her making a "late" debut at 19.

And the IOC is bout to fukk up the team aspect even more in 2020 with the team size going down 4, gonna be even harder to make a cohesive team when there's more emphasis on individual events.