The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Americans really ain't with the shyts when it comes to mens gymnastics.

With as many gays as there is in the USA, you would think they would embrace it and dominate it.
That's the problem. Men's gymnastics is not gay. As former female gymnast, a lot y'all dudes on here can't even condition and work out with little level 6 girl gymnast and y'all would be to scared to attempt a release move on high bar.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
That's the problem. Men's gymnastics is not gay. As former female gymnast, a lot y'all dudes on here can't even condition and work out with little level 6 girl gymnast and y'all would be to scared to attempt a release move on high bar.
But thats the perception of it in america. :manny:

It seems like a sport american gays could really get behind and dominate if they wanted too.

ClutchVon

Pro
Daps
We sure these Table Tennis players aren't robots?

I remember I used to play Table Tennis often almost a decade ago & I thought I was solid until I watched Table Tennis in the 08 Olympics & was like :dahell:

Got humbled quick

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
But thats the perception of it in america. :manny:

It seems like a sport american gays could really get behind and dominate if they wanted too.
Gymnastics is a hard sports period for anyone. It will forever be a hard sport. Its a reason there are so few elite gymnast because its literally so many factors fighting against you.

1. It's an expensive sport. (you will not get the proper training if you don't join a private gymnastics club)
2. If you don't start competive gymnastics at 5 or 6, you can forget it. The learning curve will be to high.
3. It gets mentally hard once you hit 12 years and up. ( you become mentally aware you're doing dangerous shyt. a lot of kids start to develope fear of throwing new skills needed to progress.)
4. Detailed sport that's about form. ( you maybe strong but your form is week. You may have form but you're not strong enough)
5. Time consuming. No one wants to go to practice 4 times a week after school and beat your body up. The higher you progress the more time spent in the gym.
6. Very hard judging. You can Literally get deductions for the smallest shyt.
7. Also an Injury prone sport. You can't be afraid to fall practicing new skills because it going to happen. Rips are a common thing.

4291dd340b0feba7f186400ee563910a.jpg

Last edited:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
us men still win the most swimming medals
australia is really the only other nation that can compete with em from the ian thorpe days

australia is really the only other nation that can compete with em from the ian thorpe days

I SAID
mike-grill2.jpg

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I never said it wasn't a hard sport. Just that you would think there would more interest from that demographic.
its hard meaning the odds are not in your favor even if you're gay. Its hard for everyone who attempts it. You can have gay dudes be interested but doesnt mean their going to be elite gymnast on average. Being gay doesn't make an elite gymnast. :comeon: If you have pool of 100 gay dudes in gymnastics literally only 3-4 will become elite gymnast. Gymnastics is like a college of 10,000 people graduating 20-30 people a year.

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@dtownreppin214 Spieth fukked up not playing. Surprised UA didn't pay him to go

Fowler could get a huge boost if he came out and won the gold

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No one saying it's easy but it is more gay than the wnba

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Americans really ain't with the shyts when it comes to mens gymnastics.

With as many gays as there is in the USA, you would think they would embrace it and dominate it.
Gymnastics is mostly a women thing here, kinda like soccer and softball:manny:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what was that game dudes was playing in the water throwing the ball in the net? water polo?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
It should be the biggest women's professional sport in the US. The problem even at the collegiate level is advertising and game schedules. It runs in the fall, which means it's going toe to toe with all of college football, all of the NFL, the beginning of the NBA, and the end of MLB.

If it were played in the spring/summer, I have no doubt it would capture men and women.
at ucla i went to pretty much every women's volleyball home game. i was on that :shaq: since high school. not only is it exciting, fast and powerful, most of the times the girls are hot and even if they aren't, great asses. :banderas: