The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
if bama loses the last 2 games, that fukks up everything cause we've been saying that spot was locked....osu would be in with 1 loss....wash would be in (if pac 12 champ)....okl would be in (if big 12 champ)....and clem would be in (if acc champ)....if any of those (wash, okl, and/or clem) were to lose, then i dont know....i guess pac 12 and big 10 champ get in...the last spot would be between bama, mich, and okl st....
The reason I bring it up is it exposes an inherent flaw in the system (as if we didn't already know this lol). Because if Bama were to lose today and Auburn won the division then Bama still would be in the playoffs (just like they have OSU going even if they don't win the conference title). So that would mean they would be rewarding OSU and Bama for not playing in their championship games.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Are there any promising QB's in this years upcoming draft?
The way Watson played in the championship game against Bama without his top 2 WR, I'll always give him a chance. That was probably the best passing performance in the title game I've seen.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reason I bring it up is it exposes an inherent flaw in the system (as if we didn't already know this lol). Because if Bama were to lose today and Auburn won the division then Bama still would be in the playoffs (just like they have OSU going even if they don't win the conference title). So that would mean they would be rewarding OSU and Bama for not playing in their championship games.

wait, i thought bama already won the division...if they lose today, they still play for the sec ship...cause auburn has 2 losses in the conf....

besides that, you're correct...the system is fukked up....i'll go even further: letting the committee pick is bullshyt....people wont like to admit it, but the bcs was a better system than this committee bullshyt...they shouldve used some type of combo between the 2 to determine playoff teams....

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
wait, i thought bama already won the division...if they lose today, they still play for the sec ship...cause auburn has 2 losses in the conf....

besides that, you're correct...the system is fukked up....i'll go even further: letting the committee pick is bullshyt....people wont like to admit it, but the bcs was a better system than this committee bullshyt...they shouldve used some type of combo between the 2 to determine playoff teams....
Yeah I know Bama already has it, that's the point I'm trying to make. Had Auburn won another conference game and beat Bama today then they would have gotten in the SEC title game but Bama still would goto the playoffs, just like Ohio State. I just think this scenario is going to happen alot where it'd be much better for a team to not goto the conference game and automatically get in, with an extra week of rest, than to play and potentially lose in their conference game.

Last edited:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold

Agree BCS computers were better than this make shyt up as we go committee