The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
This game showed the lack of real impact Peppers has on the field. He's an angle punt all day away from being meaningless on the field. No difference making plays on defense. Basically they have to shout his name on the telecast when he jumps into a pile just to keep his name going. Gets a few runs from 3 yards out for a TD against cupcakes and all of a sudden he's the Heisman favorite.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Penn St could sneak into that 4th spot, conf title game or not. Clemson loses the ACCCG + having a better quality win than OU could be enough for 4

its weird that the Pac 12 has an almost zero chance of getting a team in, but the conference just isnt good this year

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
This game showed the lack of real impact Peppers has on the field. He's an angle punt all day away from being meaningless on the field. No difference making plays on defense. Basically they have to shout his name on the telecast when he jumps into a pile just to keep his name going. Gets a few runs from 3 yards out for a TD against cupcakes and all of a sudden he's the Heisman favorite.

i always pull for him cuz hes a Jersey guy but there are a good number of games where hes doesnt do much. hes very boom-or-bust as an NFL prospect to me. Desmond King played better tonight

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
bu bu but he's a Heisman finalist & DOES IT ALL... :mjgrin:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

When it comes to the stiff arm trophy Jonathan Allen>>>>>Peppers

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
UL doesn't have the resume of a top 4 team and they won't be a conference champ

FSU is far from great this year, but all of a sudden they'll be ranked around 12-13 this week. and they have the Heisman winner, there will be pressure to put them in

i agree that the body of work isnt great, but with everything that happened today they are in

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
i just dont see UL getting left out, but it is a fasicnating scenario. the only thing about the ACC title game is it isnt as sexy as it seemed 2 weeks ago. UNC took a shyt loss on Thurs, and VT took its 3rd loss today also. the Coastal champ will likely be ranked but not very high. you do have to reward the conference champ, its interesting

Clemson wins out they are in. 1 loss conference champs are good.

If there are or is a 2 loss conference champ :lupe:

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
When it comes to the stiff arm trophy Jonathan Allen>>>>>Peppers

Jonathan Allen is neck and neck with Myles Garrett as the number 1 pick(I personally like Garrett). Let's not sully Allens name with bringing in Peppers as if dude is on his level. Peppers is a CFB star. Allen is likely going to be a NFL star.

Bama's D is on another level

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Jonathan Allen is neck and neck with Myles Garrett as the number 1 pick(I personally like Garrett). Let's not sully Allens name with bringing in Peppers as if dude is on his level. Peppers is a CFB star. Allen is likely going to be a NFL star.

yea hes among the best Saban NFL prospects, looks like a franchise player. QB's could get over-valued again, but its hard to see Allen going past 3 or 4

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

He should be invited to NYC dammit