The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
You can tell who watch the games and who just looking at numbers on paper. All these non-LSU fans chiming in talking about y'all should have kept the coach are getting on my nerves. Nobody even asked for their opinion. But I'm gonna chill out from the drama and enjoy the game on Saturday.
Interesting point. People say we should have fired him last year but when the rumblings started coming out that we were looking to fire him people were :cape: talking about who does LSU think they are that's Les Miles but what it did do was brought attention to the bad play calling. Now this year for the most part people are like :dahell: yea I understand why y'all would want to fire him.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Interesting point. People say we should have fired him last year but when the rumblings started coming out that we were looking to fire him people were :cape: talking about who does LSU think they are that's Les Miles but what it did do was brought attention to the bad play calling. Now this year for the most part people are like :dahell: yea I understand why y'all would want to fire him.

Not all W/L records are the same I don't care about his 114-34 record for all the talent he had in his tenure at LSU only winning 2 SEC titles is a flop. He backed into the 07 title because nobody wanted to win it that year. Dude had a good run but it was time for change

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Not all W/L records are the same I don't care about his 114-34 record for all the talent he had in his tenure at LSU only winning 2 SEC titles is a flop. He backed into the 07 title because nobody wanted to win it that year. Dude had a good run but it was time for change

Yeah during that 2007 run, they lost to Kentucky and Arkansas in triple OT, still ended up getting into the title game because WVU and Mizzou lost. That 2011 was x10 better than that 2007 though, one of the best I've ever seen but ever since that loss to Saban in the title game, it's been downhill from there.

I know people bring up his percentage and record but apparently people want to forget about LSU from 2012-2016.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Early Bird CFB lines I like I crushed it last week just got burned by Arkansas in the 2nd half or else it been best week of the season.

UConn +28 vs Houston
Washington -3 EVEN vs Stanford
Oklahoma St -3 EVEN vs Texas
Miami FL -7 vs Georgia Tech
Virginia +3.5 vs Duke
Wisconsin +10.5 vs Michigan
UNC +12 vs Florida St
Navy +7.5 vs Air Force
Wake +10.5 vs NC State
TCU +3.5 vs Oklahoma
Ole Piss -14 vs Memphis
Missouri +13 vs LSU
Arizona St +10 vs USC
Nevada -4 vs Hawaii
Louisville -2 vs Clemson

@Reinscarf @dtownreppin214 @50CentStan

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
REPORT: LSU PLANS TO REACH OUT TO URBAN MEYER, NICK SABAN, TOM HERMAN AND MORE ABOUT HEAD COACHING VACANCY
Eric Seger on September 26, 2016 at 8:20p@ericseger33
74648_h.jpg,qitok=30788SMa.pagespeed.ce.JaP1H0y3Cb.jpg

Email this ArticleShare on RedditShare on TwitterShare on Facebook
Would Urban Meyer ever head back to the SEC?

The chances of that happening are infinitesimal, as Ohio State's head coach has his Buckeye train rolling and is 53-4 in now his fifth season in Columbus. But according to a report on Monday by FootballScoop, Lousiana State University plans to reach out to the three-time national championship-winning head coach about its head coaching vacancy. The Tigers fired Les Miles on Sunday, a day after he lost to Auburn to open the season 1-2.

They tabbed defensive line coach Ed Orgeron as interim head coach. Orgeron could very well earn the job based on his performance as the 2016 season progresses, according to the report.

Meyer isn't the only high-profile coach LSU's administration plans to at least speak with in its search for a new permanent head football coach.

From the report:

If Orgeron doesn’t earn the job, sources tell FootballScoop that LSU’s committee believes they can and should land a home run.

“Their sights are on national championship caliber, proven head coaches,” a source with knowledge told FootballScoop this morning. During the initial, exploratory phase, we are told to expect LSU, through representatives, to gauge the interest of some of the top coaches in college football, including Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Jimbo Fisher and Tom Herman. Right or wrong, sources tell FootballScoop that LSU believes they will be able to attract a coach of that caliber.

It sounds like LSU's leaders plan to give agents for Meyer, Saban, Herman and others a call to at least gauge their interest. Meyer's agent is likely to say "thanks, but not thanks," but the Tigers are apparently pulling out all the stops in their hunt to replace Miles.

Asked on Monday if any coach in the profession is "safe" in this day and age regardless of their resume — Miles won the 2007 BCS National Championship but is now unemployed — Meyer initially diverted his response to Rutgers, whom the Buckeyes host on Saturday.

“You just got to beat Rutgers, man,” Meyer said. “I'm just worried about this place right here. It's crazy and it's getting crazier and to much given, much is expected.”

For the record, the oddsmakers at BookMaker.eu give Tom Herman +100 odds to be the next LSU head coach, with Jimbo Fisher second at +250.

FootballScoop cited a source that said money will not be an issue for LSU in its attempt to woo another coach to Baton Rouge. Meyer makes more than $6 million per year and signed a contract extension in April 2015 that keeps him in Columbus through the 2020 season.

Meyer won't leave Ohio State. But that doesn't mean LSU won't ask.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Silkk

Daps
Dumbest part of that shyt is LSU can't outbid Ohio St. They'd give dude 10mil and something under the table if they had too

Silkk

Daps
Watching Coach O talk that talk on CFB live, I Cannot wait for Saturday night :banderas:

We finally get to see LSU with no stupidity :wow: