The Northman is now on Amazon prime, be bored by HD on streaming brehs

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Was one of the most underwhelming films I've seen in a moment, I was really looking forward to it but it was just soooo boring. and yes I can appreciate slow movies but something was missing with this. Some cool shots tho

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Yeah this was disappointing, maybe I'll give it a reevaluation at some point down the line.

Eggers first 2 films are incredible. They're full of complex ideas and vivid imagery. Perfect films to me. The Northman is like something an 11 year old boy would write. I got no idea what he was aiming for here.

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
This was a 7/10 for me … text book 7…. That’s a good movie, nothing more nothing less. The length holds the average movie watcher hostage imo which is one of the biggest downfalls.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
For some reason after watching this underwhelming movie I went back to Valhalla Rising,now that was a Viking movie that exceeded my expectations. It's a movie that warrants a dedicated viewer but it's worth the time,oh there's basically no dialogue in the movie but the arc and tension of the movie takes a giant dump on The Northman.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Was one of the most underwhelming films I've seen in a moment, I was really looking forward to it but it was just soooo boring. and yes I can appreciate slow movies but something was missing with this. Some cool shots tho
This same director also did the Green Knight. I can tell he has talent and vision, but his pacing is like a trigger for add. If you were to make a highlight film of each of these movies, you would swear he was dropping classics.

Him and Michael Bay are the exact opposites. They should collaborate.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wow…he just found out his mom is the lowliest whorest of whores. :picard:

I know he wants to save his mom but project pat said no :wow:

*edit*

that thorir death scene was dope. :whoo:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter