The Nintendo 64 is 21 years old

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's just a handful of stellar games. N64 lost every non nintendo franchise that started with the NES and SNES. You really wasn't eating consistently if you only had a N64. This console was a suplemental gaming machine.

It's hard to disagree with you, actually. Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, and Super Smash Bros. were classics :wow:
But their lack of third party support REALLY hurt them in this era. Final Fantasy 7-9, Metal Gear Solid, Symphony of the Night, and ports of the Street Fighter/Marvel vs. Capcom games would have been lit on n64.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
So many after-school epic battles with those WWF/WCW games

EPIC BATTLES.

When you hit someone with a chair, causing them to bleed...
:whoo:

Or when you'd hit someone with a special move so much they'd go into ''critical'' mode where they were knocked out and just kept flopping for a minute and you'd stay in the ring just doing your taunt over and over again hoping not to get hit IRL with a controller.:mjlol:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
and we still got no proper 100 percent emulation :stopitslime:

word on the street is that because of the patent of the n64, we can now legally CLONE them !!! imagine a n64 but upgraded !!!

let's hope Nintendo does a proper n64 mini release with proper emulation support in the near future...

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Wrestling was in its golden era during the n64 days, and being able to recreate that is what made the games special. The wrestling games of today control the exact same as the games from the n64 era did.

You probably didn't know that :smugbiden:

Would you care tho, do you wanna use The Miz as badly as you wanted to use Scott hall or big papa pump?

During the Nes days, we had Hogan in his prime. Wrestling was important back then, and so were the games. You are trying to downplay there impact. They was not "ok" they was great and they laid the foundations for the games you loved later :ufdup:
Wrestlemania & the Arcade game were TRASH to me...I'm old enough that I played those games when they came out. NES Pro Wrestling & Techmo World Wrestling were fictional characters so what does that have to do with "the golden age of wrestling"? By the time N64 came around, those THQ games took wrestling games to another level. I didn't even have an N64 nut when I played those at friends' houses I acknowledged they were piff and wondered why those games weren't available on Playstation.

Lastly I don't care if the games of today control the same way as they did back then. The 2k games of today are not as fun as the N64 wrestling games of yester-year.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
A lot of people say the N64 is where Nintendo started falling off, but in a lot of ways it was an extremely influential system and helped set the bar for a lot of innovations moving forward.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart
Perfect Dark
WWF No Mercy
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Gauntlet Legends
Pokemon Stadium
Nintendo came through the expansion pack and changed my life with Jet Force Gemini.:banderas:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's hard to disagree with you, actually. Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, and Super Smash Bros. were classics :wow:
But their lack of third party support REALLY hurt them in this era. Final Fantasy 7-9, Metal Gear Solid, Symphony of the Night, and ports of the Street Fighter/Marvel vs. Capcom games would have been lit on n64.
It's a well loved console but if we're also being honest it was the beginning of a decline Nintendo is still suffering from today. Despite my criticism of Nintendo I've been a pretty loyal customer to them. I bought the GameCube, Wii, Wii U and Switch at launch as well as the GameBoy Advance SP, DS, DSi, and 3DS none at launch but still bought them.

I'm unsure if Nintendo will ever truly recover from the damage the N64 did to them. I just don't ever see them getting the level of third party support they got in the SNES days again. They do pretty well for themselves but there are whole sections of the market that completely ignore them now.

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
N64 is one the GOAT to me

Had so much fun playing that system

I miss it dearly

HBD old friend :salute:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
The hrs of my life dedicated to

Diddy Kong Racing
WCW/NWO World Tour
WCW/NWO Revenge
Wrestlemanina 2000
No Mercy
Smash Brothers
Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest
Madden 99,2000

and others :wow:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
i grew up on nes and snes... i was like 10 when n64 first came out.

i just remember seeing the mario 64 demo in toys r us like :picard:

using the analog joystick for the first time that day felt so foreign.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Destroying Pokemon left and right in Pokemon stadium :wow:

Going untouchable in super Mario n64 :wow:

Borrowing wwf no mercy and using stone cold on EVERYBODY :wow:

Pissing my friends off in Mario kart AND Mario party :wow:

Getting owned in smash bros. :mjcry:

Using the Seattle mariners in MLB featuring Ken griffey he :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in 7th grade and bought this shyt in launch day at Sears! I r member waiting all summer and buying every game mag with articles on N64 and especially Mario. Lol I I used to just stare at pics of the system and controller lusting