The Nintendo 64 is 21 years old

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Counting the Japanese release date on June 23rd it's now past 21 years old. We probably got posters here barely that old. I still remember that magnificent yet horrendous launch with just two games for a minute and nothing else. Waiting on games like Freak Boy that never happened. It's crazy that it was so long ago.

Experiencing Mario 64 for the first time was still one of my most amazing moments in gaming ever. Played that for the first time at Blockbuster video. All the kids in my neighborhood used to walk to the strip mall just to play that game on the demo kiosk.

The N64 was the final console my parents bought for me. Was my last real participation in the "console wars" because in the summer of 99 I bought a used PlayStation and Final Fantasy VIII (yeah I played VIII before VII) and from that point on I bought all the mainstream consoles upon release (except Xbox which I got a year later).

I remember the Madden on that joint didn't even have the real team names. Hours of Goldeneye where all the neighborhood kids met up in one of our basements to play. One homie used to always pick Oddjob and people would run around in the bathroom stall trying to get back in the vents. Proximity mines and the Golden Gun. Those were the days.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:blessed:Nintendo 64 birthed GOAT wrestling games
How you gonna disrespect NES Pro Wrestling :stopitslime:
Tecmo World Wrestling :ufdup:
Wrestlemania, I remember using Bam Bam Bigalow on that joint
WWF Wrestlefest
Wrestlemania: The arcade game

You better learn your history whoodi :birdman:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
WWF Wrestlefest

:hhh:Breh....

Tecmo_World_Wrestling_screenshot.png
WCW%20vs.%20nWo%20-%20World%20Tour%20(E).png

WWF%20Wrestlemania%20(U).png
225px-Wrestlemania-screen.jpg

Yes the NES games were straight but....breh:shaq2:

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
WWF Wrestlefest

Wrestlemania & the arcade was trash even back then :francis:

Tecmo World Wrestling & Pro Wrestling shytted on those WWF games (S/O to Starman :salute:)

I was jealous N64 had all those great wrestling games on lock

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
:hhh:Breh....

Tecmo_World_Wrestling_screenshot.png
WCW%20vs.%20nWo%20-%20World%20Tour%20(E).png

WWF%20Wrestlemania%20(U).png
225px-Wrestlemania-screen.jpg

Yes the NES games were straight but....breh:shaq2:
Wrestling was in its golden era during the n64 days, and being able to recreate that is what made the games special. The wrestling games of today control the exact same as the games from the n64 era did.

You probably didn't know that :smugbiden:

Would you care tho, do you wanna use The Miz as badly as you wanted to use Scott hall or big papa pump?

During the Nes days, we had Hogan in his prime. Wrestling was important back then, and so were the games. You are trying to downplay there impact. They was not "ok" they was great and they laid the foundations for the games you loved later :ufdup:
Wrestlemania & the arcade was trash even back then :francis:

Tecmo World Wrestling & Pro Wrestling shytted on those WWF games (S/O to Starman :salute:)

I was jealous N64 had all those great wrestling games on lock
I disagree, wrestlemania is debatable but wrestlemania: the arcade game was a beast. Doink the clown was a beast, any game titled "the arcade game" was a commercial success before it reaches console
N64 is where Nintendo started fukking up. They had the game on lock and the hubris took over.
I don't know if your version of history is correct. Super Mario 64, Zelda OOT, pilotwings, wrestling games, Super Smash bros, a crappy Mario kart game that rewarded scrubs, Goldeneye, Turok, wave race, since it wasn't cd based, game creators could makes games the way they was accustomed to. Cd brought in the cinematic views we see in games today, n64 was the last hurrah for 3rd party companies in that type of "space". I'd argue gaming hasn't been as good as the it was during the n64 era :francis:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Wrestling was in its golden era during the n64 days, and being able to recreate that is what made the games special. The wrestling games of today control the exact same as the games from the n64 era did.

You probably didn't know that :smugbiden:

Would you care tho, do you wanna use The Miz as badly as you wanted to use Scott hall or big papa pump?

During the Nes days, we had Hogan in his prime. Wrestling was important back then, and so were the games. You are trying to downplay there impact. They was not "ok" they was great and they laid the foundations for the games you loved later :ufdup:

Dude I'm 32 and remember them glory days:wow:. I was shook by Papa Shango putting a curse on Warrior:picard:, I prayed for Hogan to recuperate after getting squashed by Earthquake:mjcry:, and i stabbed the TV screen when I found out that Flair was trying to get with Miss Elizabeth:wtb:. However, those NES games weren't that special beyond nostalgia factor....well I take it back a bit, Tecmo Wrestling was that shyt:banderas:. Yet, those N64 games set the bar high for wrestling imo. Besides the Fire Pro series, those games are the epitome of wrestling. You rarely hear dudes getting into heated arguments over WWF Wrestlemania, but would catch a body over Wrestlemania 2000. Trust, I know how important those NES games were, but to say they are the GOAT when broken ass No Mercy gets a HUGE pass for being the GOAT is crazy talk man:ld:

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
I don't know if your version of history is correct. Super Mario 64, Zelda OOT, pilotwings, wrestling games, Super Smash bros, a crappy Mario kart game that rewarded scrubs, Goldeneye, Turok, wave race, since it wasn't cd based, game creators could makes games the way they was accustomed to. Cd brought in the cinematic views we see in games today, n64 was the last hurrah for 3rd party companies in that type of "space". I'd argue gaming hasn't been as good as the it was during the n64 era :francis:

That's just a handful of stellar games. N64 lost every non nintendo franchise that started with the NES and SNES. You really wasn't eating consistently if you only had a N64. This console was a suplemental gaming machine.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
1898331-dsci1095.jpg

All old enough to drink:noah:

I remember when everything was transparent during that time period, including these beauties. I wish the new consoles would bring back such aesthetics:ohlawd:
N64 had a Lamborghini body, and four controller ports WHAT!!! :gladbron:
The super Nintendo by comparison reminds me of a station wagon :patrice: