The nexus 4 is $200

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Elaborate :lupe:
I used them for a few months back when I got the Nexus. shyt was a nightmare.

The two main things you need to know are:

1) The "unlimited" data they advertise is bullshyt.

2) They have the worst customer service of all time.

This resulted in a mix-up when first porting my number in where I had no service for nearly 2 weeks. In that time I was told that I had the wrong sim card, a faulty sim that needed to be replaced, a defective phone...they have no idea what they're talking about. They finally turned my service on with the new sim and it was the wrong number because my old number was attached to the first card they said was faulty (it wasnt.)

Once all that was sorted out, then came the data problems. Thee unlimited line is complete false advertising. After a certain limit they turned your shyt off. Not slow/throttled speed, totally off, no data until you re-up for the next month. No one can tell you the actual limit before you get cut off and they claim its an automatic system that does it. Then a month later I lost data again, this time when Id barely used any at all. They claimed it was not turned off and should be working, then said it must be a problem with the phone. It wasnt, other sims worked fine. I never got my data back after that even after re-upping for the next month.

The customer service people all sound like Borat mixed with a robot. They're only allowed to read from a script of answers and their troubleshooting consists of a lot of long holds followed by suggestions like "try turning it off and on...take out the battery and try again." They never acknowledge problems that are obviously on their end even after you spell it out for them and always end up telling you to contact the manufacturer of your phone even after you explain how it works with other sim cards.

There's currently a class action lawsuit in the works for all of their false advertising and bullshyt, which I'll definitely be a part of.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Please do :lupe:

I was thinking of letting my contract with Verizon end, get the Nexus 5 when that dropped and getting with straightalk.
the data is restrictive, you may get 2 gigs but you might use 200megs in a day then get flagged for data abuse

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I used them for a few months back when I got the Nexus. shyt was a nightmare.

The two main things you need to know are:

1) The "unlimited" data they advertise is bullshyt.

2) They have the worst customer service of all time.

This resulted in a mix-up when first porting my number in where I had no service for nearly 2 weeks. In that time I was told that I had the wrong sim card, a faulty sim that needed to be replaced, a defective phone...they have no idea what they're talking about. They finally turned my service on with the new sim and it was the wrong number because my old number was attached to the first card they said was faulty (it wasnt.)

Once all that was sorted out, then came the data problems. Thee unlimited line is complete false advertising. After a certain limit they turned your shyt off. Not slow/throttled speed, totally off, no data until you re-up for the next month. No one can tell you the actual limit before you get cut off and they claim its an automatic system that does it. Then a month later I lost data again, this time when Id barely used any at all. They claimed it was not turned off and should be working, then said it must be a problem with the phone. It wasnt, other sims worked fine. I never got my data back after that even after re-upping for the next month.

The customer service people all sound like Borat mixed with a robot. They're only allowed to read from a script of answers and their troubleshooting consists of a lot of long holds followed by suggestions like "try turning it off and on...take out the battery and try again." They never acknowledge problems that are obviously on their end even after you spell it out for them and always end up telling you to contact the manufacturer of your phone even after you explain how it works with other sim cards.

There's currently a class action lawsuit in the works for all of their false advertising and bullshyt, which I'll definitely be a part of.

...I might have to indulge in order to possibly :eat: :leon:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Once all that was sorted out, then came the data problems. Thee unlimited line is complete false advertising. After a certain limit they turned your shyt off.

:laugh::laugh: I would go COMPLETELY off on some stupid shyt like that....

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, stay away from any att prepaid service. I've heard nothing but nightmares.

⠀⠀⠀

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Corona, ca
t-mobile $30 plan is good. 100 minutes, unlimited msg, and 5 gb data.

heard nothing but praise

if 100 minutes is not enough. make free calls with google voice and voip

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
t-mobile $30 plan is good. 100 minutes, unlimited msg, and 5 gb data.

heard nothing but praise

if 100 minutes is not enough. make free calls with google voice and voip

That's what I've been using the past 6 months and it's been a godsend.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My concern with switching to TMobile is the service, just had a coworker complaining about not having good service.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Expecting unlimited with those small time carriers

jordan-laugh-o.gif