The Myth of the Millennial Entrepreneur

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Also, highschools should be teaching people practical things like how to run a business and keeping a good credit score instead of who discovered Helium and what Beowulf means (beowulf sucks)

I agree but if they can't learn english or math how's that going to pan out?

On another note people need to teach themselves life skills if that's stopped happening...

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
I agree but if they can't learn english or math how's that going to pan out?

On another note people need to teach themselves life skills if that's stopped happening...
They could learn English by reading and writing about things they find interesting, not literally 1000 year old fantasy stories. They could learn math by having some kind of project where they have to figure out the costs of some sort of business. Imaginary t-shirt business, imaginary skate park, imaginary restaurant, whatever they're into. I hated music class when I was little because the old hag was trying to make us learn Beach Boys songs like Surfing USA and shyt. If she had shown us how to play 2pac on the piano I would have been a fukkin musical prodigy by now. But taking interest in each child as an individual and helping them learn by using things that are of interest to them would be too much work

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They could learn English by reading and writing about things they find interesting, not literally 1000 year old fantasy stories. They could learn math by having some kind of project where they have to figure out the costs of some sort of business. Imaginary t-shirt business, imaginary skate park, imaginary restaurant, whatever they're into. I hated music class when I was little because the old hag was trying to make us learn Beach Boys songs like Surfing USA and shyt. If she had shown us how to play 2pac on the piano I would have been a fukkin musical prodigy by now. But taking interest in each child as an individual and helping them learn by using things that are of interest to them would be too much work

I think kids are doing stuff like that in school.

I agree

plushcarpet

Superstar
Daps
the real entrepreneurs are kids that haven't been indoctrinated yet :blessed:

10 Successful Young Entrepreneurs | Investopedia

9 Amazing (Very) Young Entrepreneurs

examples

Hart Main
Hart Main is a 14-year old that came up with the idea of manly scented candles when he was teasing his sister about the girly scented ones she was selling for a school fundraiser. Although she didn't expect him to fully pursue the manly scented candles idea himself, he did, and the idea has turned into a nationwide success. Main put in an initial investment of $100, his parents put in $200, and they all worked together to develop the candles as a group. The available scents include: Campfire, Bacon, Sawdust, Fresh Cut Grass, Grandpa's Pipe and more. Today, ManCans candles are in over 60 stores across the country and have sold about 9,000 units. Main will stick with selling ManCans' inventory until he has to shift his focus back into school in the fall. I mean, he is only 14 after all.

Cameron Johnson
Cameron Johnson got his start at the age of nine making invitations for his parents' holiday party. Two years later Johnson had made thousands of dollars selling cards through his company he called Cheers and Tears. At age 12, he paid $100 for his sister's 30 Beanie Babies and sold them on eBay for 10 times what he paid. He then purchased the dolls directly from the manufacturer and made a $50,000 profit in less than a year. He used that money to start an Internet business that brought in $3,000 per month in advertising revenue. By the time he was 15, he had formed other businesses with total revenues of $300,000 to $400,000 per month.

Garrett Gee
Garrett Gee turned a lucky guess into a business opportunity when the iPad 2 was about to come out. This university student guessed that once the iPad 2 came out, there soon would be a blog post somewhere listing the top 10 apps for the device. After recognizing there should be easier to use and less clunky QR code software and apps, he made it his mission to be the first one to offer such a product fit for the iPad 2. He quickly got the iPad 2 into the hands of his iOS developer, and after spending two sleepless nights, he had accomplished his goal. His guess about the blog post was also correct. Thanks to his hard work, he made it onto that list. He recruited two fellow classmates, and they launched Scan in February 2011. The team raised $1.5 million from venture capitalists, including Google Ventures, and in the first year Scan earned 10 million downloads. The number of downloads grew quickly, reaching 21 million by October 2011. Gee's next move is said to be the development of a monetization plan.