The myth of owning property

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any other property "owners" like myself ever think about this? I pay quite a bit in property taxes every year but it really didn't bother me much because I rent out 4 of my properties and I'm able to cover my taxes no problems. But today a coworker was venting to me (I'm a supervisor) about how his grandfather passed away and left everything to his grandmother. His grandmother never worked a day in her life. Long story short she wasn't able to pay the property taxes so my coworker has to take some time off to go get her to live with him.

I personally don't think it's right to tax land that doesn't make an income. What if you the type of dude who just wanna be self sufficient and grow n hunt for your own stuff? In the end you can say that you own your house or land but you really don't considering taxes, they could change zoning (limit what you can build on your own land), etc

Daps
Any other property "owners" like myself ever think about this? I pay quite a bit in property taxes every year but it really didn't bother me much because I rent out 4 of my properties and I'm able to cover my taxes no problems. But today a coworker was venting to me (I'm a supervisor) about how his grandfather passed away and left everything to his grandmother. His grandmother never worked a day in her life. Long story short she wasn't able to pay the property taxes so my coworker has to take some time off to go get her to live with him.

I personally don't think it's right to tax land that doesn't make an income. What if you the type of dude who just wanna be self sufficient and grow n hunt for your own stuff? In the end you can say that you own your house or land but you really don't considering taxes, they could change zoning (limit what you can build on your own land), etc

You could investigate alternative forms of housing such as tiny houses, mobile home, RV, and more.

Houses are treated more like trade-able securities more so in the last 100 years.
"Ownership" of land is 'qualified ownership' which is less that absolute ownership or allodial ownership.
The custom of the taxing of land goes all the way back to Greece and definitely Rome. Our system of land ownership (United States) descends from England.

You can see that the house is treated more like an accounting balance sheet by usage of the term 'equity'. Where there is equity (stakeholder(s)), there will be liability (stakeholder(s)) as well.

You do make a great point about the taxing of land that doesn't generate income.

Last edited:
Daps
So I only own my ill gotten gains?:ohhh:

They aren't ill goten. Labor was exchanged for FRNs. FRNs were exchanged for property, goods, and/or services.

There are contracts involved in all of this which also include the FRNs themselves (banknotes) as well as the forms you filled out in order to gain employment.

In addition, there is also your status as a US citizen in addition to your Social Security Number (SSN). Your SSN is analogous to a tax identification number.

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
They aren't ill goten. Labor was exchanged for FRNs. FRNs were exchanged for property, goods, and/or services.

There are contracts involved in all of this which also include the FRNs themselves (banknotes) as well as the forms you filled out in order to gain employment.
I was referring to my untaxed dollars :shaq:

Street money!

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Allodial Title Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
  • Title Law and Legal Definition
Allodial title is a real property ownership system where the real property is owed free and clear of any superior landlord. In this case, the owner will have an absolute title over his or her property. Property owned under allodial title is referred as allodial land. Allodial lands are the absolute property of their owner, and are not subject to any service or acknowledgment to a superior. In allodial lands there will not be any control by a superior landlord.

An individual’s allodial title is alienable in nature. Alienation can be done in the form of gift, mortgage or it may be distressed and restrained for collection of taxes. The allodial nature of a property will be lost when the property is transferred to more than one person. Therefore, to retain the allodial title s/he can transfer his or her property to another single individual.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Someones gotta pay. It seems more like poor planning on the part of your coworkers family for not preparing for the grandfathers passing :hubie: . And even if you hunt and grow items on your own land, do you use any ultilities or public roads? Those are maintained with local taxes.

Daps
It is rumored at this point there is a way to gain absolute ownership of property by way of a first title deed (land patent) coupled with the title abstract.

There would be other hurdles to overcome such as bonds being written against your property by various governments. Your property (and its income stream i.e. property taxes) are collateral for those bonds.

Also, your property (title) is registered (i.e. is within a registry). A registry is a list.

Last edited:
Daps
Allodial Title

Allodial lands are the absolute property of their owner, and are not subject to any service or acknowledgment to a superior. In allodial lands there will not be any control by a superior landlord.

I would like to emphasize the above.

Taxes are one of many forms of service (to a (land)lord).

Last edited:

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
If you cannot afford the maintenance or the upkeep.You sell the property before it becomes a liability.You are pretty much taxed on every purchase you make.Even when you pay your bills you are taxed.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Owning a home in America really only has meaning in the legal sense. Naturally, you can't own land. Back in the day, someone could just kill you and take your land like how they did the natives - by right of conquest. You're really paying property taxes for protection. You don't own that home unless other people( (your state, city, country) agree you own it. Without that payment, the documents that say "I own this property" would hold no weight. But I guess you can say in today's world, that protection isn't really needed. IDK b.

Daps
If you cannot afford the maintenance or the upkeep.You sell the property before it becomes a liability.You are pretty much taxed on every purchase you make.Even when you pay your bills you are taxed.

You incur tax anytime an FRN is exchanged.

Case in point:

You pay taxes to receive FRNs. When you spend FRNs, you are taxed as well.

Not only are you taxed when you spend, but you pay the taxes of everyone else as well i.e. producers, brokers, et al. These entities forward their taxes to the consumer.

The aforementioned are indirect taxes.

Last edited: