The movie Triple 9 made no sense (Spoilers).

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Very cool opening scene. Very excellent cast. Very stupid script. Very forgettable movie.
watched it yesterday. great summation.

i zoned out a bit, but i didn't give a fukk what was going on after about a half hour

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Ok why did Hispanic cop shoot Chiwetel in the end? Was he simply greedy?

What was the junky cop doing on Casey Affleck's property? Was he try to warn him?

How did junky cop knew where and when the hit was at the end?

Why was Chiwetel fooling around with a Mob princess? Seriously???

Oh and who was the assault team that rained bullets on the van in the end? Did someone trigger the silent alarm?

This is in one of the few cases where I miss the IMDB forum.
I know I'm late as shyt but I just watched the movie and can answer your questions.

Dude shot Chiwetel to tie up the loose end. It wasn't just greed. Remember he was a cop and he had intel on who the robbery suspects were. He knew they were onto Gabe (the junky cop) and he knew they had Chiwetel as a suspect as well.

Yes the junky cop was there to warn Casey Affleck that his partner was going to try to kill him.

You missed an important part of the movie. When they started looking into Chiwetel as a suspect they mentioned he and Russell (the first white guy in the crew that was killed) were former Blackwater contractors. If you don't know what Blackwater is, they're a rogue quasi-legal military contracting company of ex former U.S. military. Officially they're supposed to just provide security for the government but they do more than that. Academi - Wikipedia

It was through working with that company is how Chiwetel's character (and Russell the first white guy in the crew killed) got involved with the Jewish Russian Mob guy. They were illegally smuggling arms together. They all got caught but were acquitted because all the witnesses in the case died.