The movie American Psycho..now about that ending

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
American_Psycho_by_Bret_Easton_Ellis_first_US_paperback_edition_1991.jpg

Read the book if you get a chance. The movie is a classic and one of the better depictions of film/books but the book is an absolute gem. You get to delve much deeper into the chaotic mind of Patrick Batemen. As for your question, I would say No. He did not commit the crimes and it was a figment of his imagination where he would slip in and out of those thoughts of murder because he was obviously troubled himself. I would say Patrick himself wanted to believe he was committing these crimes but the beauty of the book/film is that none of it is truly clear.

Just copped the book today at Barnes & Noble gonna read it soon... if the book is just as good as the movie :ahh:

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
I wonder if someone like Jim Carrey would've been great in his role as Bateman. :ohlawd:

They had Johnny Depp/Oliver stone at one point.... glad it didn't go there. :hhh:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Ugh, some authors are just too pretentious for their own good. The movie is heralded as a classic. And the ending is still the same, we don't know whether Bateman did it or not. Ultimately it ends how it began, we simply don't know who Bateman is; a no name rando at a firm or a psychopath.

:comeon:Less Than Zero was awesome.

I personally think Bateman did at least some of it and fantasized and embellished the rest to feed his ego. I have no proof to point to though.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Patrick didn’t do it, he was a daddy’s boy, quite p*ssy in comparison to his colleagues.

Have they ever done a Brett Easton Ellis book correctly as a movie? This is probably the closest.