The Most Underrated GTA Game Ever

hatealot

Banned
Daps
This game gets 100% love from me off the strength they had my whole neighborhood in it as a major location.

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
game was heavily and deservedly praised when it came out. it was getting 10s across the board

I think only after GTA V did people start this revisionist history of it not being that good

Quite the opposite if you ask me. Yeah it got a lot of 10's and highly praising reviews but a lot of gamers criticised it because compared to it's predecessor San Andreas there wasn't that much to do and they didn't like the new driving/character movement physics. Gamers only started praising it after GTA V came out.

//

Me personally I loved IV - undoubtedly the best story and writing of the entire series so far. So many solid characters and story arcs that all overlapped - The McReary's, Pegorino/Phill Bell/Ray, Playboy X/Dwayne, Elizabetha, Faustin/Dimitri, the diamonds etc. no other GTA game comes close to what they did here in terms of the story and writing.

Anyone who wants to go back over the story of GTA IV check out this channel on youtube, they basically go through the major characters story arcs - The one below is for Francis McReary who IMO is one of the most underrated characters in a GTA game.