The Most Underrated GTA Game Ever

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Looking back at this game, it really was the last time Rockstar actually gave a shyt about video games without milking a cow to death. The grimy New York atmosphere, the "American Dream" being a facade, the game being dark as hell, and the MP>>>>GTA Online.

Don't get me started with that intro:

I still get chills when I see this intro:wow:. This game straight up painted a picture of a recession filled 2008 to a tee from the reality shows to the violence.

What says you Coli:wow:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Plus the last time you EVER see expansion packs:

220px-Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_coverart.jpg

The_Ballad_of_Gay_Tony_cover.jpg

:dame:BOGT was the better of the expansions though because it was around the corner from Harlem.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This was my personal favorite GTA. Michael Hunter on that OST :whew:, even the sound kits were fire

The Vibe 98.8 gotta be one of my favorite radio stations in all of the entries though. Approaching Area Algonquin for the first time to Marvin Gaye's Inner City Blues (Makes Me Wanna Holler) is forever etched into my memory.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

It's sad that the 2d top down GTA games never get their due because of the more popular open world GTAs, especially this hidden gem:

$_12.JPG

People slept hard on this game but this jawn was flames on the GBA. The story itself was pretty good as well.

This game and the other 2d GTAs really need that collection treatment :wow:. Put that shyt on the Switch and watch melodies from heaven rain down on thee:ohlawd:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's sad that the 2d top down GTA games never get their due because of the more popular open world GTAs, especially this hidden gem:

$_12.JPG

People slept hard on this game but this jawn was flames on the GBA. The story itself was pretty good as well.

This game and the other 2d GTAs really need that collection treatment :wow:. Put that shyt on the Switch and watch melodies from heaven rain down on thee:ohlawd:
Chinatown wars was really good too

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
4 is my favorite, story mode kept me eating for years. Just driving around NYC & being from here was always fun

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Chinatown Wars is the most underrated GTA imo but I do agree that IV is way too under appreciated and it’s a shame that it doesn’t get enough praise compared to San Andreas, Vice City and V.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
game was heavily and deservedly praised when it came out. it was getting 10s across the board

i think only after GTA V did people start this revisionist history of it not being that good
No, it was well received by critics but it got quite a lot of criticism from gamers when it dropped. In terms of things you could do in the open world in between missions it was a big step back from San Andreas. Most people also felt Niko was a bland protagonist and Roman was annoying as hell. Everyone hated the constant calls and messages from him to go bowling or do whatever.

It was a bit over blown but it still feels like the one GTA that doesn't get its props.