The MCU is stale without Dr Doom

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He's such an intergal part of Marvel storylines and The most powerful and recognized Marvel villain and they cant acquire the rights to use him :scust:

All these villains in the MCU have been terrible

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
full
full
full

Daps
I don't think it's the villains it's marvel and Disney they're too vanilla. No DUIronman, no domestic abuser Hank Pym, No Janet Van Dyne so we don't get to see her evolve from a domestic violence victim to leader of the avengers. No Hank Pym mental breakdown. These are all major character defining moments.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's like Batman without the Joker. Many villains to go by, but they all pick up they game to live up to the GOAT.

Maybe it's a blessing, because the heroes actually get to be the most interesting.

Well, they don't have FF either so I don't see it as a Batman/Joker situation.

It would be nice but not necessary. They have plenty of villains they could mine for future movies.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don't think it's the villains it's marvel and Disney they're too vanilla. No DUIronman, no domestic abuser Hank Pym, No Janet Van Dyne so we don't get to see her evolve from a domestic violence victim to leader of the avengers. No Hank Pym mental breakdown. These are all major character defining moments.

shyt like the implied wife beating of Hank Pym, which actually wasn't him hitting her but a missed panel. Is why I got out of Marvel. It was actually one of the few things I liked that was addressed by the Superboy Prime angle in DC. The destruction of heros is still a terrible part of comics today and why its dying in the west, compared to Japanese manga IMHO.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt like the implied wife beating of Hank Pym, which actually wasn't him hitting her but a missed panel. Is why I got out of Marvel. It was actually one of the few things I liked that was addressed by the Superboy Prime angle in DC. The destruction of heros is still a terrible part of comics today and why its dying in the west, compared to Japanese manga IMHO.

I feel you. I get having flawed heroes, and they did a great job of making genuinely heroic characters that weren't perfect in the 60s/70s/early 80s. After the mid to late 80s a lot of cats started trying way too hard to make every series the next Watchmen IMO.

The Fantastic Four are crazy underrated in general. We like to clown them, but we forget that the original Lee/Kirby run birthed the Marvel U as we know it. They were the first heroes who acted more like people than paragons, and they also introduced Doom, the Skrulls, the Watcher, Black Panther, the Inhumans, the Negative Zone, the Silver Surfer, and Galactus. The X-men, Avengers, and even Spider-man would have never seen the light of day if the F4 hadn't taken off when they did.

Daps
Nah there's a panel where Hank Pym is in his yellow jacket costume and he backhands her and leaves her unconscious. I think those character flaws are essential to the characterization of characters in any media. Characters are flawed in movies, video games, t.v. shows, songs, and people are flawed in real life. I don't understand why comics should be any different.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Pym is always gonna be my man, but people really ran with the wife beater shyt, which pissed me off because it's treated like it's exclusive to him with non readers to the point that they're saying they'll never support him or anything he's in, but you have them throwing up capes for spider man hitting a pregnant Mary Jane. Especially given that marvel has made Hank repentant for his actions, something no other character has had to endure.

Nah there's a panel where Hank Pym is in his yellow jacket costume and he backhands her and leaves her unconscious. I think those character flaws are essential to the characterization of characters in any media. Characters are flawed in movies, video games, t.v. shows, songs, and people are flawed in real life. I don't understand why comics should be any different.

He's talking about how shooter wanted something different from pym than what was actually drawn

Daps
Pym is always gonna be my man, but people really ran with the wife beater shyt, which pissed me off because it's treated like it's exclusive to him with non readers to the point that they're saying they'll never support him or anything he's in, but you have them throwing up capes for spider man hitting a pregnant Mary Jane. Especially given that marvel has made Hank repentant for his actions, something no other character has had to endure.
You add that to ultron and the fact he invented another robot to defeat the avengers that only he knew the weak point of all in an effort to play the hero. It's more than just the wife beating. He's insecure, crazy and a genius. The Spiderman caping is bullshyt though.