The Mayor (New black comedy show) on ABC

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

ABC has pulled the plug on freshman comedy The Mayor.

The series was set to be a promising newcomer for the Mouse House. It received very great reviews from critics, who praised the show's cast (particularly relative newcomer Brandon Micheal Hall) but it never received great ratings.

ABC Studios, the show's producer, is said to be shopping it elsewhere at other networks. Hulu has streaming rights for the series.

The remaining episodes that were supposed to return at midseason have been replaced with Modern Family reruns. It is unclear if the last four episodes of the season will air.

The show starred Brandon Micheal Hall as Courtney Rose, an outspoken, idealistic rapper who runs for office as a publicity stunt and actually gets elected. He surprises everyone (including himself) when he has a natural knack for the job and slowly transforms City Hall. Series regulars were Yvette Nicole Brown, Bernard David Jones, Marcel Spears, Lea Michele and David Spade.

:francis:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
This show had a lot of potential..
Only thing bugging me are his friends..
It’s the same shyt I’ve seen over the years..
They made Cole increasingly stupid on Martin..
Did the same thing to JR on My Wife and Kids..
Winston has his moments on New Girl and they never really let him shine(granted they made Coach smarter) but still..
I like the main and ma dukes from Community..
Lea Michelle is mad annoying and really has no chemistry with the mayor..
I like the premise though..
Hope somebody picks it up just for the culture..

Daps
The actors are fine...but the writing is trash. I like the concept (young black male unexpectedly becomes mayor), but feel like this should be an 1-hour long show that's more "drama" than "comedy."

In a poor city with lots of problems, this show could actually be pretty deep if you put it on HBO or something.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The actors are fine...but the writing is trash. I like the concept (young black male unexpectedly becomes mayor), but feel like this should be an 1-hour long show that's more "drama" than "comedy."

In a poor city with lots of problems, this show could actually be pretty deep if you put it on HBO or something.

Well it’s cancelled now breh.

There’s a comedic angle to it that I think they took well. The writing wasn’t always consistent but I wouldn’t call it trash. The issue with the show was, for me anyway, it just wasn’t that funny. Endearing characters are awesome and needed but if a comedy isn’t funny that’s a problem