The Marvels Starring Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, Iman Vellani, and Sam Jackson November 10,2023

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who’s a Stan? Those movies were the culmination of a decade plus of build. Again, what connection does any 35-40 year old have to whatever the fukk this movie is? You’re telling me you are into this trailer? It’s for kids
Based on the box office numbers of these films and cultural impacts they had, its not a reach that your average mllienial has invested time into this franchise.

When Endgame became the #1 highest grossing film of all time nobody was talking about "its for kids"

When grown black folk were going to theaters in costume, debating AA vs African cultural divide and grown black celebrities refrencing Wakanda like its a real place, nobody was saying "its for kids "

francis-ngannou-kamaru-usman-israel-adesanya.jpg

People hype up Captain America 2 for being an action spy thriller where Winter Soldier murks people left and right. Totally a kid flick🙄. Please tell me what the hell was a kid supposed to get out of 60+ year old TV refrences in Wanadavision or whatever tf the Eternals were going for.

This whole superhero movie wave is pretty much something that grew out of millenials who were intrested in gritty realistic takes on the kiddy superhero cartoons from our childhood. Thats why The Dark Knight is so beloved.

This isn't Spongebob or some shyt. It's all good when they're breaking records for it but when the content gets stale now people wanna be "b b but its for kids" :camby:

Mario gets that excuse, not this

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Mid its already looking to comedic :scust:

DC dropped the fukking ball if they just did things right when MCU was peaking they should be eating right now.

all ways play the long game....

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
"B-b-but its for the kids!! :damn: " has quickly become a top 5 stan narrative when shyt goes wrong.

Nobody was saying this shyt during the Infinity saga heyday of this shyt.
Infintit saga wasnt childish....this Marvel shyt is getting to Anime Live Action bad....they wanna appeal to broke ass kids and teens then make shows. Leave the movies to adults.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Won’t won’t Marvel just introduce the X-Men and Fantastic Four already along with Doom and Galactus?

MCU has really fallen off in terms of quality post Endgame. :francis:

Think the actors from the Fox X-men films are under contract until 2026. I believe Disney wants to recast them so we may not see a live action X-men film until 2028.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Based on the box office numbers of these films and cultural impacts they had, its not a reach that your average mllienial has invested time into this franchise.

When Endgame became the #1 highest grossing film of all time nobody was talking about "its for kids"

When grown black folk were going to theaters in costume, debating AA vs African cultural divide and grown black celebrities refrencing Wakanda like its a real place, nobody was saying "its for kids "

francis-ngannou-kamaru-usman-israel-adesanya.jpg

People hype up Captain America 2 for being an action spy thriller where Winter Soldier murks people left and right. Totally a kid flick🙄. Please tell me what the hell was a kid supposed to get out of 60+ year old TV refrences in Wanadavision or whatever tf the Eternals were going for.

This whole superhero movie wave is pretty much something that grew out of millenials who were intrested in gritty realistic takes on the kiddy superhero cartoons from our childhood. Thats why The Dark Knight is so beloved.

This isn't Spongebob or some shyt. It's all good when they're breaking records for it but when the content gets stale now people wanna be "b b but its for kids" :camby:

Mario gets that excuse, not this
You got it champ. Enjoy mz marvel and the young avengers, and whatever other nonsense is in the pipeline which are def not for children

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You got it champ. Enjoy mz marvel and the young avengers, and whatever other nonsense is in the pipeline which are def not for children
Your grown ass appears to be more familar than I am with all of these children characters and movies, right back atcha champ. 👍🏽

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
They already got most of the S tier heroes out of the way. Nobody cares about these B and C list superhero stories.

I only stick around for Spiderman, and hold out hope for some X-men.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
I actually think this looks okay. Not a fan of the comedy, but that’s usually my complaint with most new MCU films. Interesting plot tho; wonder how it’ll play out.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Won’t won’t Marvel just introduce the X-Men and Fantastic Four already along with Doom and Galactus?

MCU has really fallen off in terms of quality post Endgame. :francis:

They need to work out their problems with scripts, plot, dialogue, etc.. because otherwise they'll ruin the X Men and Fantastic Four as well. Since if they can't make these characters work then they can't make more popular characters work either.

Last edited: