The Marvel (MCU) Fatal Flaw

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Thats the thing for me a year or so later. And maybe thats because I'm a fan of Batman/Superman, etc..

I'm more interested in re-watching those scenes than learning anything (outside of Black Panther) about anyone in Civil War. I just watch the action scenes. CIvil War had the most consistent action in a movie I've seen in a long time. I care nothing about the story :yeshrug:..... BvS I get lore, outlook, a bit of mystery. Now that doesn't work for everyone. Partly because its a lot that probably would have been served in a film before it. Civil War...I just watch the action which is indeed all time great :ehh:

However, as great as the Russos are in terms moving a lot of different characters (very impressive). Visually they are kinda :manny:.

That Airport scene was great because of who was in it and what they were doing. But it should have been visually one of the most impressive things ever and instead we got a lot of standard shots.

I think Coogler can be the guy that visually shows off an impressive movie while providing the lore/epicness of a DC movie, but also providing the heart of a Marvel movie. Probably will be the be best story since Winter Soldier as well.

I actually love whats happening with future Marvel films. Just since Winter Soldier its been doing the job and not taking as many chances imo. Upcoming movies look dope as hell tho. :wow::ehh:
Yeah the Russo's aren't going to do visuals better than Snyder. But the lore of Batman is fukkin' sickening at this point, his parents robbed at gunpoint again? And rehashed multiple times?! Terrible, I just hated it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Peep the scenes in CW when bucky escapes from that apartment. Those scenes are pretty bad with all that quick cut editing. It was better in WS but that movie fails to captivate me.
I fukkin' love that scene. That actually is the best action sequence in that movie to me. Bucky laying the smack down, BP then laying the smack down on him, the chase, Bucky/BP/Cap running 40 + miles/hour, Bucky stealing the Bike, BP hopping car to car, Bucky catching BP in mid air and then BP running up the side of the wall to counter. Shyt was awesome breh. :banderas:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Good article.

MCU films are about as deep as a puddle.

They touch on subjects that are deep or interesting but that's all they do. Touch on it. They never take a deep dive. It's just all surface level stuff and then rush you off to a joke to undermine everything and then push you to a set piece. They never actually have the balls or the talent to do anything with the subjects they present because they're too desperate to please the lowest common denominator. Like a girl who has a print of desiderata on her wall but can't actually hold a conversation about anything.

The film's age like milk and get worse every time you watch them.

They're popcorn films designed to appeal to many demographics. I get their model and it works for them. But you gotta throw cats a curveball eventually. Hopefully we'll see that with the Phase 4 jawns.

The biggest reason I think Winter Soldier is the best Marvel joint so far is that it's a film that can stand on it's own and the whole espionage action thriller theme was executed damn near flawlessly IMO.

Marvel has got to step their villain game up though, esp post Thanos. Doom would have been a great haul if they could have gotten him. Hopefully Disney and Fox can make that happen soon

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I fukkin' love that scene. That actually is the best action sequence in that movie to me. Bucky laying the smack down, BP then laying the smack down on him, the chase, Bucky/BP/Cap running 40 + miles/hour, Bucky stealing the Bike, BP hopping car to car, Bucky catching BP in mid air and then BP running up the side of the wall to counter. Shyt was awesome breh. :banderas:
Nah, looks wack. :manny:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I can't wait for the day nikkas understand that these movies are part of an ONGOING SERIAL and as such have parameters that detracting from could fukk up everything...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The problem is people looking for deep meaning in a fukking COMIC BOOK MOVIE
got through half that shyt before saying the exact same thing

motherfukkers watching DISNEY COMIC BOOK MOVIES and comparing the shyt to 4 time Oscar winning No Country For Old Men :mindblown:

let me give you the "meaning" of the movies... pay anywhere from $6-$18 fukking dollars for a ticket, buy some food and drinks, bring the kids along, and watch superheros, superhero... taaaaah daaaaaah

smart dumb motherfukkers i swear

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
well, you can boil that entire article down to this:

mahv-L has been feeding the same formulaic spoonfed drivel to its simple minded audience, and they are finally sick of it

same sh*t we dc stans have been saying all along
but they aren't sick of it.. cause they keep coming in droves to watch the shyt.. which is why at 2 weeks in, spidey is at 472 mil, guardians 2 did 859, dr strange did 677, and civil war did 1.15 billion

this is like comparing the complexities of the fox and the hound to the godfather part 1... nikkas just being dense on purpose

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The problem is people looking for deep meaning in a fukking COMIC BOOK MOVIE
This mindset is why dudes like Adam Sandler still have prosperous careers. It's just comedy, fukk it:yeshrug:It's also why the horror genre is trash. Let's throw some jump scare in every few minutes along with some ominous music. And lets make it a found footage film too:smugdraper:This idea of settling for mediocrity and not taking your craft seriously because no one else does is why there are vastly more shytty movies than quality ones. We don't get brilliance like Get Out if Jordan Peele decides he can just make some shyt like Scary Movie, one of those Madea flicks, or Think Like a Man. Why would people be looking for deep meaning in a fukking BLACK COMEDY MOVIE?:scust:Let's throw The Babadook in the trash so we can get five more SAWs and six more Paranormal Activities. Lets abandon quality story telling, character development, dialogue, etc, for anything that isn't a bonafide Oscar contender. As long as it's "fun" we'll sell tickets:krs:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This mindset is why dudes like Adam Sandler still have prosperous careers. It's just comedy, fukk it:yeshrug:It's also why the horror genre is trash. Let's throw some jump scare in every few minutes along with some ominous music. And lets make it a found footage film too:smugdraper:This idea of settling for mediocrity and not taking your craft seriously because no one else does is why there are vastly more shytty movies than quality ones. We don't get brilliance like Get Out if Jordan Peele decides he can just make some shyt like Scary Movie, one of those Madea flicks, or Think Like a Man. Why would people be looking for deep meaning in a fukking BLACK COMEDY MOVIE?:scust:Let's throw The Babadook in the trash so we can get five more SAWs and six more Paranormal Activities. Lets abandon quality story telling, character development, dialogue, etc, for anything that isn't a bonafide Oscar contender. As long as it's "fun" we'll sell tickets:krs:
It's the movie business man. The main motivation is profit not artistic expression. And high artistic expression is unpreditable profit wise. That's the terrain.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
It's the movie business man. The main motivation is profit not artistic expression. And high artistic expression is unpreditable profit wise. That's the terrain.
Some of the most profitable movies of all time were also critically acclaimed and influential. As far as predictability, these studios churning out comic book movies on a yearly basis have tons of data and precedence to figure out what the return will be. That return will only get lower if they keep doing the same, predictable, thing over and over.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Some of the most profitable movies of all time were also critically acclaimed and influential. As far as predictability, these studios churning out comic book movies on a yearly basis have tons of data and precedence to figure out what the return will be. That return will only get lower if they keep doing the same, predictable, thing over and over.
More ambitious movies are a loss for the studio and the creators are knocked down a peg in the industry. The trend to play it safe is there for a reason not just because people are lazy or unambitious. Failing has consequences.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I can't wait for the day nikkas understand that these movies are part of an ONGOING SERIAL and as such have parameters that detracting from could fukk up everything...
We know,but I would argue a lot of these films actually suffer because of that.

It's why Edgar wright walked away from ant man,he didn't want to compromise his films.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
got through half that shyt before saying the exact same thing

motherfukkers watching DISNEY COMIC BOOK MOVIES and comparing the shyt to 4 time Oscar winning No Country For Old Men :mindblown:

let me give you the "meaning" of the movies... pay anywhere from $6-$18 fukking dollars for a ticket, buy some food and drinks, bring the kids along, and watch superheros, superhero... taaaaah daaaaaah

smart dumb motherfukkers i swear
This is such a dumb brain dead argument.

The stories held highest in the comic book medium are those that take things seriously and have a deeper meaning. Dark knight is seen as the greatest comic book film of all time because of this.

You can copy / paste this argument into people defending the dumbing down of music.

"it's music,it should be fun,it doesn't have to have a deeper meaning!"

People like you are why studios can get away with releasing garbage all the time.

Low standards having muthafukkas.:hhh:

Last edited: