The Marshmallow Test (Instant Gratification)

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
If you didn't need a PHD in psych to make any money that's what I would've majored in.. so many bad bytches in them psych courses too :whew:

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
check out Jane Elliott's blue-eyed/brown-eyed experiment:

if you want to see another stanford experiment such as the OP's, check out stanford prison experiment:

obviously, shyt affects your grown ass too (like tv and the news and current events)...

also, check out the Milgram Experiment:

Last edited by a moderator:

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Ok I'm at work so I can't really hear the audio on the video but I'm curious how much time has to elapse before they get the 2nd marshmallow and are they told upfront the terms of time and not eating of the first marshmallow to get the second marshmallow?

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
If you all are interested in child psychology, try asking a 4 year old who has a sibling if they have a brother/sister and they'll say "yeah"

but ask them if their brother/sister has a brother/sister and they will say no, because they aren't old enough to understand someone elses point of view

i'd say no too
fukk you and your confusing ass questions
:angry:

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Yes, you tell them in advance that they get an additional marshmallow if they wait the 20 minutes.

Ok thanks breh...

So adapting this "experiment" to real nikka shyt here's the scenario... :lolbron:

You get led into a dark room. The door is shut behind you and lights come up. In front of you is a stripper pole on the left side and a bed on the right. Laying on the bed is the baddest bish you ever laid eyes on. She tells you she's there to fulfill any sexual desire BUT if you wait an hour you get her and another equally bad bish(perhaps even her twin sis :ohhh: ). In the meantime she proceeds to twerk it and work the stripper pole for the hour. What do you do brehs...what do you do?!?!:lupe:

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
if they want to do this on adults they need to do it on drugg addicts

tell a cokehead who hasnt had his fix in days

you can have 2 lines right now or you can wait 2 hours and get a gram

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
Ok thanks breh...

So adapting this "experiment" to real nikka shyt here's the scenario... :lolbron:

You get led into a dark room. The door is shut behind you and lights come up. In front of you is a stripper pole on the left side and a bed on the right. Laying on the bed is the baddest bish you ever laid eyes on. She tells you she's there to fulfill any sexual desire BUT if you wait an hour you get her and another equally bad bish(perhaps even her twin sis :ohhh: ). In the meantime she proceeds to twerk it and work the stripper pole for the hour. What do you do brehs...what do you do?!?!:lupe:

Im a fukk that bytch breh :birdman: fukk I want two bytches for if I only have one dikk :stopitslime:

:troll:

Urahara_Kisuke

12th Squad O.G.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
12th Squad
Ok thanks breh...

I'm not waiting -- I can pop off just fine with one broad. I'ma get in that bed and make her p*ssy pay the iron price. :troll2:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
This video is why I love children. They are too cute.

i was laughing throughout the whole video. you could see the gears in the kids' heads turning while they were waiting for that lady to come back. trying to sniff the marshmallow and shyt :pachaha:

but on a side note, it kind of shows how an idle mind with just instant gratification around operates. what's worse is, imagine if the lady just said "don't eat the marshmallow" and there wasn't any reward. i doubt that marshmallow would have lasted long...

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
great vid, those kids faces looked like a cartoon lol. they mustve been starving those kids cuz i dont see why they would be going so crazy for a nasty marshmallow