The Many L's of Triple H

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
“All the top dogs knew this (Jeff Hardy winning the title) is where the story is going. Vince knows this. Kevin Dunn knows this, Bruce Prichard, of course Freebird (Michael Hayes), as it’s his idea. I don’t believe the agents know until the moment that we’re about to speak of and Hunter for sure knows and Stephanie for sure knows,” Prinze recalled.

“I remember specifically Kevin Dunn did not want Jeff to be champion,” Freddie said. “He kind of shrugged his shoulders and said, ‘You gotta be kidding me with this.’ Vince didn’t say anything. He regards the opinion. He hears some other agents speak up and they say good things. I remember Arn Anderson said good things. Prichard hasn’t said anything yet. And then Hunter speaks up and goes, ‘Are we seriously going to fu**ing trust this guy?’”

“That was like a sniper bullet taking you out at the leg, an honest bullet, but a bullet just the same. I was nervous that someone might say it, because they would be right. But I believed the story we were telling or we’re trying to tell was worth the risk. I genuinely did. I thought we were telling an honest, interesting wrestling story and I don’t think that’s the easiest thing in the world to do. I don’t think you can just stick it on anyone. I think it has to fit the talent and this story fits.”

“So we’re having our creative argument back and forth. Hunter starts challenging the merits of the story. But that’s hard for him to do, because I had this thing plotted out. So I got an answer for him at every stop. Then he brings up the reliability again. I’m kind of out of options. So I just hit him with, ‘Look, as unreliable as this dude has been, he’s the number one selling merch guy that we have in the company’, and I threw out his numbers from whatever week I saw. I said, ‘That’s off those armbands and his T-shirts. These fans believe in him more than any other wrestler in the company, and that includes you’, which I shouldn’t have said, but I did.”

“We’re all waiting outside. We want to know the answer. The production meeting on this day was on the same floor as the VIP cafeteria, so there’s this empty cafeteria behind us with a lot of free space. We’re sitting there and I’m looking at Freebird and I said, ‘What do you think?’ He said, ‘I don’t know. You know, you did your best.’ He’s like trying to prep me for failure. So now I’m like, shoot man, it’s just not gonna happen. Like, is it seriously gonna get killed right now? And listen, again, Hunter was proven right. At the end of the day, I mean, Jeff got in trouble. I think less than a year after this happened. They gave him the other belt, the other championship and then he got in trouble, and then got in bigger trouble and had to leave the company for a while. So at the end of the day, he was right.”

All of a sudden, the door swings open and only Hunter comes out. He doesn’t even look at me. He walks by. So this now means two things. One, this dude doesn’t like me anymore, and is probably going to work against me now, which is what happened, and two, Jeff is going to be the World Heavyweight Champion, which is the whole point of this in the first place. So I’m willing to take these bullets, and I’m willing to get this story through so he can be the champion. I watched the match from like the back, like a side entrance. Hunter is not involved in the finish, because he did not believe in the idea and I respect that. We got that storyline through.”

Freddie Prinze Jr. Recalls Arguing With Triple H About Jeff Hardy Winning WWE Title In 2008

Sounds about right given his "Am I fukking going over" line.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Considering the storyline was building towards Jeff pinning HHH for the belt only for Edge to then get inserted as the fall guy, it all makes sense that HHH was against putting him over hearing the story now, because it didn’t make any sense back then. Why he’d work with Jeff in a storyline that had to culminate in Jeff winning the big one from him just to refuse at the 11th hour sounds perfectly on brand for him anyway, whether or not he was right about Hardy in the end

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
Nick McKhan :wow:

9EZFBNM.jpg

Haitch never stood a chance :sadcam:

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ultimate irony is it was apparently Triple H who introduced Nick Khan to Vince :mjlol:

A lifetime of burying people on his climb up the social ladder only to have his infinity shovel turned on himself :wow:

We need Khan, HHH, & Stephanie's heads on The Shield & Vince & Dunn's on HHH & Orton. Who can hook that up?
:russ: :russ::russ: