"The Lost Boys", 1987 teen horror film with Corey Haim, Corey Feldman, & Jack Bauer Da Gawd

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Q: Is The Lost Boys considered a horror movie?

A:Variety panned the film, calling it "a horrifically dreadful vampire teensploitation entry that daringly advances the theory that all those missing children pictured on garbage bags and milk cartons are actually the victims of bloodsucking bikers." It won a Saturn Award for Best Horror Film in 1987.

@storyteller @abominable1 I always knew that it was rated R, though I don't see a reason for it to be.

I always thought it's a good starter horror flick to show ya kid. Then, show him Fright Night, that deserved its R rating.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

A

@storyteller @abominable1 I always knew that it was rated R, though I don't see a reason for it to be.
probably because of the head explosion -electrocution scene
and even that was tame compared to some of the Scanners flicks

and if i remember correctly, the ending was a little bloody.

Hell,
i remember discussing with a friend that the Goonies should have been rated R if lost Boys was

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

A:Variety panned the film, calling it "a horrifically dreadful vampire teensploitation entry that daringly advances the theory that all those missing children pictured on garbage bags and milk cartons are actually the victims of bloodsucking bikers." It won a Saturn Award for Best Horror Film in 1987.

I always thought it's a good starter horror flick to show ya kid. Then, show him Fright Night, that deserved its R rating.
Yeah, the Lost Boys definitely felt like beginner level stuff. I remember thinking that about Nightbreed too. They're horror, but without any bite. Fright Night was a REAL ONE for sure.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
probably because of the head explosion -electrocution scene
and even that was tame compared to some of the Scanners flicks

and if i remember correctly, the ending was a little bloody.

Hell,
i remember discussing with a friend that the Goonies should have been rated R if lost Boys was

Goonies didn't have any blood just some language and suggestive shyt. Lost Boys would be pg13 nowadays and Goonies probably would be too I suppose. Kind rode that fine line. Stand By me, another 80s kids classic was more adult in content and contrasts goonies in being more justified in a R rating.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
OP, as long as you keep in mind it's an 80s movie then you will like it, it's very different

don't expect to see any CGI, lmao

hope you enjoy it

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
loved all the corey feldman movies back in the day.
This, Goonies, and stand by me, were personal favorites.