Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
So I got billed $116.89 for someone to take my height weight and blood pressure and to tell me to eat more fruits and vegetables. Thanks god I didn't order any tests.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Why is it so hard to find a free clinic round here? Some things I miss about the hood.

I was able to get a well woman's exam, std and pregnancy testing for free and I didn't have to go far. Here it's impossible to find because rich people have always had health insurance and have their own doctor.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So I got billed $116.89 for someone to take my height weight and blood pressure and to tell me to eat more fruits and vegetables. Thanks god I didn't order any tests.

A checkup?:jbhmm:
How tall are you, no :queen:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How you gonna reply to all my snaps within the first couple mins:patrice: kinda weird :patrice:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How did a black boy from the hood that has robbed, shot, stole, and grew up in the hood and with heavy dope dealer end up in the position he is today. Sometimes I have to realize how bless I am just to make it this far, the odds were against me against all of my family.

Now of the 3, 2 are married and all of us are making pretty good money.

Today I sat around and had to pretend I fit in with a bunch of VIP's and other high ranking people. Only black dude there, I really don't know why people like or trust me like they do. Maybe its the honesty and humbleness.

Maybe its because I don't pander to them I don't know....

I just have to thank God for letting me get this far and keeping me in his graces.

Last edited:

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
In a world dominated by fast-food horror stories—like finding a rat’s head in a box of fried chicken, or watching flies get zapped over a bunch of exposed sandwich meat—one woman actually received a relatively pleasant surprise when she unwrapped her meal earlier this month.

Last week, Selena Avalos called in a lunch order to her local Domino’s Pizza in San Jose, California. About to dig into what shethought was a box of chicken wings, Avalos instead found $5,000 in cash—quite possibly making it the only occasion in history where someone did not immediately regret ordering chicken wings from a fast-food pizza joint.

A manager at a nearby cell phone store called Spacetel Wireless, Avalos guessed that the money was the restaurant’s bank deposit, and called the location in the hopes of speaking with a manager to return the money. And though one might expect a franchise to be panicked after losing that much cash, it took more than 24 hours for the customer to hear back from anyone at Domino’s, ABC 7 reports.

Avalos couldn’t believe it.

“Wouldn’t they be thinking, ‘Where did that money go?’” she told the ABC affiliate.

It wasn’t until Avalos reached out to local news outlets that the story caught the attention of Domino’s corporate offices, which helped her get in touch with the franchisee.

Instead of throwing the cash in the air and making it rain, Avalos instead chose to do the right (albeit slightly more boring….) thing and returned the money to the store. Still, she didn’t exactly walk away empty handed. Domino’s thanked Avalos by providing her with free pizza for a year. She’s also receiving an extra week of paid vacation from her employer in recognition of her honesty.

If we had to guess, we’d say Avalos’ week off is going to feature at least a few appearances from the Domino’s delivery guy.

[via Eater, ABC7]

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
About to finally sit down to watch the Power season finale....(Although I saw some spoilers on Twitter)

Made beans and rice, with sausage in it....and seasoned green beans....along with some crunchy hot wings. I'm ready...

"It's a big, rich town...."

:blessed:

Prynce

Daps
It's crazy how life ends up sometimes. Just looking back and thinking how things played got me like :mindblown:

Never would have thought things would be like this kinda saddening.

Last edited:

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
I hate my muthafukkin job. Have any of ya'll ever worked as a front desk person at a hotel?

I feel like snappin half of the time, but i'm good at keeping a smile on my face.