Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jewish people are risky enough to go after the black dollar, good or bad. I wish more wealthy blacks would take the same risk. After reading this article http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/13/magazine/the-roller-rink-origins-of-nwa.html?_r=0 This Jewish guy basically opened a rollerskating rink in the middle of gang territory and successfully was able to keep the peace...for a good amount of time with rules, metal detectors, and personal security which gave young black youth a job, a place to hang out and a place to express themselves musically. Not sure if it's because I love skating so much but that's just awesome to me that he did that.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Jewish people are risky enough to go after the black dollar, good or bad. I wish more wealthy blacks would take the same risk. After reading this article http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/13/magazine/the-roller-rink-origins-of-nwa.html?_r=0 This Jewish guy basically opened a rollerskating rink in the middle of gang territory and successfully was able to keep the peace...for a good amount of time with rules, metal detectors, and personal security which gave young black youth a job, a place to hang out and a place to express themselves musically. Not sure if it's because I love skating so much but that's just awesome to me that he did that.
Excellent post. I feel the same way.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

different era...

once the OGs got locked up, shyt went downhill...

The Youth are the OGs now

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
different era...

once the OGs got locked up, shyt went downhill...

The Youth are the OGs now
I still see it though. The one guy happens to own a rollerskating rink. He is trying to cater to the black skater, but he's just a c*nt to deal with. The other guy is a real estate investor and he has a much more manageable personality and he takes voucher tenants in a heartbeat. Most people won't touch them and he was basically like "I get paid on time and at worst I'll just have to fix up a house but I get materials for cheap so :manny:" He also tries not to use any of his money to purchase homes. So he's like an investor for other investors.

Prynce

Daps
It's crazy how people switch up you. I won't say or co-sign anything bad about anybody i rocked with in my life even if we had a falling out.

If i fukk with you nobody can tell me shyt negative about you but loyalty like that is rare and rarely reciprocated.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This Star Trek marathon on Heroes and Icons is the PIFF:letyasoulglow:

All 5 iterations of the show back to back. If they can get back to showing westerns during weekdays, I can camp on this channel when im not working:ohlawd: