Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
are you the type of person that reuses oil? if so, why? :ehh: my grandmother, and mother use to save used oil in a jar next to the stove--and this chick does the same shyt, why?

never understood that shyt either

and after seeing my sister reaching for a high pan, and knocking over a jar of catfish oil that fell and doused her, ill never do it either.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
never understood that shyt either

and after seeing my sister reaching for a high pan, and knocking over a jar of catfish oil that fell and doused her, ill never do it either.
i feel its a result of generational poverty. i dont want to taint the taste of what i'm frying with jar oil, but this shyt means a lot to these women--like it takes them back to a time in their childhood when everything was alright.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
i feel its a result of generational poverty. i dont want to taint the taste of what i'm frying with jar oil, but this shyt means a lot to these women--like it takes them back to a time in their childhood when everything was alright.
Im wondering if its a habit or the past norm passed on from generational poverty that was used to save money that most never bothered to stop.

Kind of like soul food.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why won't you ask them? I never thought it was important enough to bring up as a topic of discussion

i have, and all the responses usually turn towards growing up in poverty and feeling they have to save oil.

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Drink a whole bottle of wine on a empty stomach brehettes.

I'm glad I got this cake done though. I'm sleeping for the rest of the day after I drop it off

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
I reuse it once and thats if i fried something like french fries or something.

Saving oil that I fried fish or chicken in and it has that distinct smell is a no go for me.

I do save bacon fat tho