Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
For the parents on here have you start back to school shopping?

I'm going with my sister later today to help her clothes shop for her 8 yr old son, we are hitting up 4-6 stores
I buy clothes and shoes starting in June and school supplies whenever they start putting them out.

I thought I was gonna spend a grip on shoes because both my girls are in adult sizes but all they want are chucks so I'm good :whew:

Llcoolbay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
St Louis Rams!!!!!
Got my first "real job"

My family said i should put 0 instead of 1 down for the claim part so I dont owe money at the end of the year?

Yall agree with this? Any advice would be appreciated :feedme:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got my first "real job"

My family said i should put 0 instead of 1 down for the claim part so I dont owe money at the end of the year?

Yall agree with this? Any advice would be appreciated :feedme:

It depends. I would start with 1 because that's going to yield more money in your paycheck after taxes. Use a a tax estimator Tax Calculator - Estimate Your Tax Liability | Calculators by CalcXML to figure out an estimated amount you will owe for taxes for the year and divide that by 26 (if you're paid bi-weekly) or 52 if you're paid weekly. This will give you a round about figure as to how much taxes they should be taking out each check to cover that.

If you look at your check with 1 exemption and it's about the same amount, then don't change it. If it's way less then switch to 0. The calculators are just an estimate and it may take you a few changes to get it right but your goal is to either owe very little (less than $100) or a small refund. If you owe too much, that means your exemptions are too high, if your refund is too high, that means you're exemptions are too low.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I click on the locker room and by the time I reach the bottom of the page, I had to scroll up to make sure I hadn't clicked on the root with all the race threads.