Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Because i know im not gonna be posting for awhile :wow: peace and see yall in october if they bush my ass by the morning

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
Been in a terrible state of mind lately. Too many changes in a negative direction. Didn’t even buy another bike this year cus I’ve been so damn complacent. I was ready to ride all summer long.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Succulent Chinese meals will never be the same.

Obituary: Jack Karlson, man behind Democracy Manifest Succulent Chinese Meal viral meme, has died​

Whether you know him as Mr Democracy Manifest or Succulent Chinese Meal guy, you probably recognise Jack Karlson.

Jack Karlson, the man behind one of the greatest memes Australia has ever provided the world, has died. He was 82.

It was in 1991 in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley, outside China Sea Restaurant, that Karlson bellowed the words that would etch him into viral history.

“Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest.”

“What is the charge? Eating a meal, a succulent Chinese meal?”

While the Channel 7 footage of the famous arrest — featuring Chris Reason, who would go on to become 7NEWS’ current chief reporter — ran in the evening’s news, technology at the time dictated the tape would sit shelved in news archive rooms.

It wasn’t until 2009 that the footage was uploaded to the internet. By whom isn’t entirely clear.

It went viral. Massively.

Multiple postings have racked up hundreds of millions of views, while there have been countless reaction videos, spoofs and re-cuts.

Over time, it morphed into a borderline cultural phenomenon.

Karlson and his words featured on clothing, wine bottles, tattoos, in a music video — the list goes on. A racehorse was called Democracy Manifest.

So who was the “Democracy Manifest” and/or “Succulent Chinese Meal” man?

Speculation abounded as the footage emerged, including that Karlson was a Hungarian chess player wanted for his habit of dine-and-dashing.

Turns out, police at the time weren’t entirely sure either.

Reports at the time suggested Karlson, then known as Cecil George Edwards, had been arrested on suspicion of being a criminal high on Queensland police’s wanted list.

But Karlson, despite having a criminal history himself, was the wrong man.

During an interview with 7NEWS Brisbane in 2022, Karlson recalled that a man inside the restaurant appeared to be watching him while he was dining.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
42c4266d9a008e04e741e439f7f9de1006d7b34d.webp

51dc49dee800392934b838d1d635ceb9d67f47b0.pnj

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
This place is a gold mine for spreaders of misinformation and propagandists to succeed because too many individuals on here are easily susceptible and willfully ignorant, also questionable ethics by those in power.

This is what happens when one doesn't use their brain to its fullest capabilities; it brings to question if moderation is in on it as the lack thereof of preventing such activity from manifest is alarming.

I've seen this before on other sites and online groups, the reason for misinformation, propaganda, and trolls manifesting in online communities is usually due to receiving a helping hand from those up top.

Daps
I woke up thinking it was Thursday. I checked my bank account and saw all this extra money, and was:

:picard::wtf:

It’s Friday!

This working from home stuff is really getting to me. But I don’t want to go back to the three days in the office, two days at home schedule.

:hubie:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rain + late friday afternoon + being tired from working out earlier + being high=super mellow calm laid back @Pazzy.

I could just want to go to my room in the dark, sit on the floor, curl up into a ball, going right under my table, put a blanket over myself and hide away from the world. Mentally Im on vacation. Feeling carefree