Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You're a mod, do better! :damn:

My response: :rudy:

Same people wanting people to get banned for a different viewpoint be the same people talking about the site fell off.

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Sega destroyed Sony when it came to the proper CPS2 home ports....Starting with the Sega Saturn using the 1 & 4mb ram cartridges and then Dreamcast with the Naomi architecture, PS1 got blew out the fukking water.....They had to make massive cutbacks to get it on the system because ps1 was the one in everyone's home and that's where the money was...but those ports suffered greatly. Saturn and Dreamcast ports are damn near arcade perfect. It wasn't until PS2 came where sony could start getting proper arcade ports of capcom classics.

Currently negotiating with a homie now for him to sell me one of his ps3 gamesharing slots so I can redownload MVC origins and MVC2
What's crazy is that I read this comment after watching the video:
Ralph Pollard 11 months ago

Saturn actually had real 2D hardware which did wonders for ports since the way it did things was exactly like how stuff like the Neo Geo and CPS2 worked as a raster based system. The stock system also had more RAM in a couple areas too, and ADX CRI was a godsend for Audio manipulation, particularly with music. The only thing the Saturn didn’t do was 2D sprites, those were textured quads. The PS1 (and virtually EVERY system after it) has no actual 2D hardware. ALL games unless emulated, had to use the 3D GPU to recreate the entire game from the ground up, using textured polygons for sprites and background. All of which were limited by the GPU’s fillrate and RAM. And the PS1 didn’t have a lot of either. Modern systems Dreamcast and on had more than enough RAM and GPU to be able to recreate ANYTHING those old raster based systems could do back then and then some.

After reading it, it made so much sense why so many arcade ports of game came to be so great on the console. The funny thing is that even though mention it wasn't until PS2 where Sony could start getting proper arcade ports of classics, they STILL came out like garbage. Prime examples of that are PS2 version MVC2 (scaled down and sounded like garbage) and CvS2 (this version had built in input delay) :scust:

I wish I got MVC origins when it came out I was sick when they lost the license for Marvel and removed them off PSN before I even had a chance to get them

Fred

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
What's crazy is that I read this comment after watching the video:
Ralph Pollard 11 months ago

Saturn actually had real 2D hardware which did wonders for ports since the way it did things was exactly like how stuff like the Neo Geo and CPS2 worked as a raster based system. The stock system also had more RAM in a couple areas too, and ADX CRI was a godsend for Audio manipulation, particularly with music. The only thing the Saturn didn’t do was 2D sprites, those were textured quads. The PS1 (and virtually EVERY system after it) has no actual 2D hardware. ALL games unless emulated, had to use the 3D GPU to recreate the entire game from the ground up, using textured polygons for sprites and background. All of which were limited by the GPU’s fillrate and RAM. And the PS1 didn’t have a lot of either. Modern systems Dreamcast and on had more than enough RAM and GPU to be able to recreate ANYTHING those old raster based systems could do back then and then some.

After reading it, it made so much sense why so many arcade ports of game came to be so great on the console. The funny thing is that even though mention it wasn't until PS2 where Sony could start getting proper arcade ports of classics, they STILL came out like garbage. Prime examples of that are PS2 version MVC2 (scaled down and sounded like garbage) and CvS2 (this version had built in input delay) :scust:

I wish I got MVC origins when it came out I was sick when they lost the license for Marvel and removed them off PSN before I even had a chance to get them

Fred
The ability add ram made the Saturn perfection for arcade games , the fluidity of the sprites with no animation lost.....shyt was amazing. Around the late 90s 3D was the craze, thats the horse PS1 and N64 chose to ride and they did those very well...but the art of fluid animation was Sega's goal and even though it flopped here in the west they made a beast arcade machine....I just recorded a lil footage of MSH vs SF on saturn...just great sprites in action with the 4MB cart add on

Sony was REGULARLY getting its ass whooped by dreamcast in fighting game ports at the very start.....Dead or Alive 2 looks terrible on ps2 compared to dreamcast....it got better over time since it became the lead platform but yea shyt was rough. But I kick myself cause I should have grabbed all that marvel stuff in 2014 when it got delisted....that disney merger fukked a lot of shyt up
:francis::hubie:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
97202249_897818817352191_701599898692222976_n.jpg