Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate to say this but it pains me when some people don't want to accept the realities of how life is when you are a black male in America compared to a white person. Any black male that is aware knows what I'm talking about.

When I was 11, my brother and me were accused of shoplifting by a security guard in kmart. He was black like me BTW but he straight up targeted us. Called us to the back of the store and told us "where's the candy at?" I remember witnessing white kids taking candy and magazines and walking right out the door without paying for that shyt in the open, wearing trench coats in the summer in the same store around the same time. So when he told this to me and keep this in mind, I wasnt fully aware of racism yet. I was in a rage and told him off like "dude, Im going to a private school. You see the uniform. You're acting like I couldn't get my mom to pay for what I want". After arguing with him for 15 minutes, he realized we were innocent and let us go. We went to our mom and the security guard flagged us down to apologize to us hoping we didn't report his ass over that.

After several other experiences and seeing certain things on the news, I started waking up and realizing that a lot of bs I was experiencing had to do with being black. It wasn't a coincidence. Then when I found out how that the police were killing black men hence the diallo shooting in the bronx on some bs, that even made me more scared and things even made more sense.

When I see how some white guys at my age are able to do certain things such as quit their jobs, take time off without working just to chill out or any valid reason, I'm like :comeon: because I know from experience that as a black male, employers are more critical towards spaces between employment, getting fired, lack of job experience, job performance and everything if you're a black male. You have to be on your A game. To even get a decent job from an employer, it requires luck and a good heart because job discrimination is alive and well. I literally have to be on my ps and qs and have to expect certain realities. So when I act a certain way and shyt, it's because I'm fully aware that society isn't taking a day off when it comes to racism. I try to be open minded and not be so conscious about race but it's thrown in my face everyday without me asking for it whether it's watching another black male going through shyt because I know that could be me.

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Hate to say this but it pains me when some people don't want to accept the realities of how life is when you are a black male in America compared to a white person. Any black male that is aware knows what I'm talking about.

When I was 11, my brother and me were accused of shoplifting by a security guard in kmart. He was black like me BTW but he straight up targeted us. Called us to the back of the store and told us "where's the candy at?" I remember witnessing white kids taking candy and magazines and walking right out the door without paying for that shyt in the open, wearing trench coats in the summer in the same store around the same time. So when he told this to me and keep this in mind, I wasnt fully aware of racism yet. I was in a rage and told him off like "dude, Im going to a private school. You see the uniform. You're acting like I couldn't get my mom to pay for what I want". After arguing with him for 15 minutes, he realized we were innocent and let us go. We went to our mom and the security guard flagged us down to apologize to us hoping we didn't report his ass over that.

After several other experiences and seeing certain things on the news, I started waking up and realizing that a lot of bs I was experiencing had to do with being black. It wasn't a coincidence. Then when I found out how that the police were killing black men hence the diallo shooting in the bronx on some bs, that even made me more scared and things even made more sense.

When I see how some white guys at my age are able to do certain things such as quit their jobs, take time off without working just to chill out or any valid reason, I'm like :comeon: because I know from experience that as a black male, employers are more critical towards spaces between employment, getting fired, lack of job experience, job performance and everything if you're a black male. You have to be on your A game. To even get a decent job from an employer, it requires luck and a good heart because job discrimination is alive and well. I literally have to be on my ps and qs and have to expect certain realities. So when I act a certain way and shyt, it's because I'm fully aware that society isn't taking a day off when it comes to racism. I try to be open minded and not be so conscious about race but it's thrown in my face everyday without me asking for it whether it's watching another black male going through shyt because I know that could be me.
All of this shyt is so true smh :mjcry: