The Locker Room's Lizzo Rotund Thoughts

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
This was obvious from all the foolery she been doing. Healthy happy people don't act like that. Nothing new was learned here.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Yeah that seems pretty clear. The attention-seeking kind of out of nowhere is usually a sign that something is off. Hope she gets better.

Pimpdaddy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#GMB
Huge backlash after that nba shyt
"I don't care" while crying
Now suddenly depressed

Mental health hustling at its best

Fat bytch

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Social media.

It's the cigarettes of our generation.

Most people obsessed with social media are depressed on some level.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I don't think she can just up and lose weight because her core fan base seems to be made up of "fat acceptance" gang.

From what I can tell, she's a legitimately good musician/singer, etc., but the reason why she took off is frankly because there appears to be a lot of women out here that need a symbol, somebody to tell them that it's OK to be them, whatever size they are. If Lizzo got her body right, she risks alienating the part of her fan base that may be most responsible for her taking off.

Imagine the ether her Stanettes would feel if she decided her body needed changes and she set about making them.

Point is, there's a lot of folks out here with self-esteem issues.

And that's why one shouldn't attach their success to being a symbol of this or that. I don't know much about her (or anything for that matter) but that whole Staples thing was clearly a performance for the "body positive" crew. This stuff is damn near political, if she comes out and says she wants to lose weight that crowd will be the first to turn on her and call her a hypocrite and stop supporting her. If she's smart she knows that. People don't like their symbols/models to change. Hell, that might be one of the reasons she's depressed, having creating an image of herself she might feel somehow stuck in now.
Easiest way to get around that is to say it is for health reasons:sas2: Team with a company like weight watchers and secure that advertisement contract in case the music don't hit like it use to:sas1:

She does all this attention shyt instead of showing she capable of playing the flute, we had a thread before about black folks needing to be seen with instruments more to expand the music scene.:mindblown:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Easiest way to get around that is to say it is for health reasons:sas2: Team with a company like weight watchers and secure that advertisement contract in case the music don't hit like it use to:sas1:

She does all this attention shyt instead of showing she capable of playing the flute, we had a thread before about black folks needing to be seen with instruments more to expand the music scene.:mindblown:

Yep, that's one way of doing it. We all know the industry is about your image and she obviously has invested a lot of her success on her's and on her non-music-related "performances" and personnality, which is why I even know of her. The "woke" world is a whole industry that is quickly gaining steam, and she's invested in that, so why not one would say. But on the flipside now you probably have some fans really more interested in what she represents than in what she does. And on the other side you'll have people who are turned off by the attention-seeking and won't really check her because of that.

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
A lot of these fat women regardless of how happy and secure they claim to be aren't happy with what they see in the mirror. They don't feel desired by others like that and still crave acceptance from every body.

Same with these fat/ugly dudes that hate on every thing. People underestimate how important it is to like the body they live in and feel like society wants the image they have.