The Lighthouse - Robert Eggers (The Witch) with Williem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Robert Pattinson, Willem Dafoe’s ‘The Lighthouse’ Wins Cannes Critics’ Award

the-lighthouse.jpg

The reviews on this are bonkers. This will be a first day cop for me when it comes out this fall.

Can't wait to see the trailer. Eggers lived like 10 minutes from me in New Hampshire before he went to college too.

After Lost World of Z and now this, Pattinson just might make a dope Batman.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Luke Hicks said:
And believe me when I tell you I genuinely have not scratched the surface of what you’ll see Pattinson and Dafoe do in The Lighthouse, partly to refrain from spoilers and partly because it’s so bizarre I’m not sure if you’d believe me in the first place. It is a truly unbelievable film, achieving depths of cerebral insanity horror has rarely breached and impregnating it with a dark sense of comedic absurdity to allow viewers some semblance of stability as the plot derails into nautical oblivion.

The buzz at Cannes was wilder and more pervasive than it was for any film (Tarantino’s included). To put it into perspective, this was a film that had four screenings, all of which turned away more people than they let in. I, for one, queued for a total of six and a half hours for three different screenings before I finally got a seat, and I was in the prioritized press line. As soon as the lights came down, the audience erupted as loudly as any audience did at Cannes, and they cheered unwaveringly through the festival’s introductory videos and the film’s opening production cards until the first shot drew a bustling silence.

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw it a Cannes last week. Movie kinda crazy :dwillhuh:. Was kind of shocked for this kind of reaction to it tbh :hubie:.