The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Felt like this was gonna get lost in the stinks thread so figured I'd start a new thread for random news and just general discussion about the company. If not, then just delete :manny:

We said that if they were actually looking for a U.S stadium show, it had to be a smaller one and this one makes sense :ehh:

Now, at this point they aren't able to sell more than 5k for Arthur Ashe (that can seat 20k) so they gotta pray the novelty of this Dallas show sells itself because if not... :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was like "WTF is Globe Life".... I'm used to it being called "The Ballpark".. So this is in Arlington where the Rangers play it looks like...

Capacity at baseball stadiums are usually in the 40,000-55,000 range. This one is around 43,000. I remember when WWE went to Seattle for WrestleMania XIX they announced the attendance at something close to 50,000 or so but that could have been a juiced number, not sure..

Can they get 40,000 for a show? I don't want to say "no" but they would really have to book it well and even then I'm not sure... SummerSlam just did around 54,000 at Cleveland Browns stadium and WWE is red hot with their weekly attendance..

It's hard to sell tickets to a stadium show in the United States if you ain't red hot... lots of music tours been getting cancelled too.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
There didn’t need to be another AEW only thread. It’s just gonna lead to the same ol bullshyt. :dead:

Mike’s thread calmed down since yesterday. dummies just started more shyt in the Deavors thread because they’re mad they lost another mark soldier. :skip:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
i saw something about that earlier but didn't have a thread to post it in. :russ:

if they can keep this thread clean and leave the fukkery out or something, even better. but i dont want 3rivers having too much work to do.

anyways reason why i came here and good thing i saw this thread when i did.

Hologram loves the kids :wow:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm fine with it because @Jmare007 is a good dude and he can takeover the ongoings of AEW.. I don't see him posting fake news and shyt like other posters would. I told the people in the 'stinks' thread they can do their whole schtick and continue that, it's election season, football is coming, there's better things to talk about on here if u ask me. :russ:

Or y'all could just post a new thread for each news thing like it used to be :manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Can they get 40,000 for a show? I don't want to say "no" but they would really have to book it well and even then I'm not sure.
I think the biggest challenge is how much can the novelty of this show sell. So far, AEW has surpassed every expectation when they tried something big and most people thought it was either a bad a idea or surefire failure.

Is a stadium show in Dallas enough of a big novelty for them and the fans? I have no fukking clue tbh. But my guess is that they'd need like 20k sold in the first week of tickets on sale to have a shot at an attendance that looks good on camera (30k in a 40k stadium). If they get something like 12k, they gonna need a miracle in terms of booking and a whole bunch of comps :heh:
There didn’t need to be another AEW only thread. It’s just gonna lead to the same ol bullshyt. :dead:

The Mark and his Money thread calmed down since yesterday. All the dummies just started more shyt on the Deavors thread. :skip:
I'm not gonna start a new thread everytime I see some interesting AEW related news, and the stinks thread has already enough movement with their own fukkery to try to add normal discourse :manny:

If brehs can't behave in any thread then by all means close this one and give up on trying :hubie:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I think the biggest challenge is how much can the novelty of this show sell. So far, AEW has surpassed every expectation when they tried something big and most people thought it was either a bad a idea or surefire failure.

Is a stadium show in Dallas enough of a big novelty for them and the fans? I have no fukking clue tbh. But my guess is that they'd need like 20k sold in the first week of tickets on sale to have a shot at an attendance that looks good on camera (30k in a 40k stadium). If they get something like 12k, they gonna need a miracle in terms of booking and a whole bunch of comps :heh:

I'm not gonna start a new thread everytime I see some interesting AEW related news, and the stinks thread has already enough movement with their own fukkery to try to add normal discourse :manny:

If brehs can't behave in any thread then by all means close this one and give up on trying :hubie:
So is this gonna try to be the positive AEW thread? There’s already a negative one and a chaotic mix one. :heh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So is this gonna try to be the positive AEW thread? There’s already a negative one and a chaotic mix one. :heh:
The other one was bushed, that's why I started this one :dwillhuh:

I have no clue how this thread is gonna go. I just wanted a place to put AEW related news without having to go through the mandatory stinks posts :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Is a stadium show in Dallas enough of a big novelty for them and the fans? I have no fukking clue tbh.

It's difficult.... there's a lot of wrestling fans in that area of Texas, maybe they can make CMLL part of the show? They could get Mistico involved in a big match or something, I'm just throwing out ideas..

Remember that Royal Rumble in San Antonio in like 1996? I read that a lot of those tickets were comps but it was clear that they were trying to get asses in the seats by booking all of those Mexican legends in the Rumble and shyt... that was the really dark days of WWF..

MAYBE... they could get some people to travel to it if it looks like a big enough novelty.. but do people want to travel to Arlington, TX? It's not a traditional hot spot for vacation..

A chick I went to college with moved out there and took a job with a GOP young Republican activist group :scusthov: I never spoke to her again but she'd post about how terrible the weather is lol...

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The other one was bushed, that's why I started this one :dwillhuh:

I have no clue how this thread is gonna go. I just wanted a place to put AEW related news without having to go through the mandatory stinks posts :pachaha:
I didn’t even realize the Mark and his Money thread got the bushes treatment. Mike actually Old Yeller’d his own thread. :heh:

All because some guy used a word against me, got reported, and people decided to get into race arguments. :shaq2:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I didn’t even realize the Mark and his Money thread got the bushes treatment. Mike actually Old Yeller’d his own thread. :heh:

All because some guy used a word against me, got reported, and people decided to get into race arguments. :shaq2:

It had run it's course... People are starved for attention, maybe they don't get enough at home, it's likely.

@Jmare007 can do his thing and see how it goes, he better not spend more time in here than the Niners threads though.... :mjlol: We gotta figure out this Aiyuk mess...

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's difficult.... there's a lot of wrestling fans in that area of Texas, maybe they can make CMLL part of the show? They could get Mistico involved in a big match or something, I'm just throwing out ideas..
Oh, no question mexican wrestlers will be featured prominently. But for it to have immediate impact on sales it would have to be Mistico doing a joint announcement with Tony or some shyt :bryan:

Would be kinda cool to get a Mistico apuestas match like his mask vs MJF's title. That way you guarantee a ton of latino fans wanting to go see Mistico win a belt :lolbron:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It had run it's course... People are starved for attention, maybe they don't get enough at home, it's likely.

@Jmare007 can do his thing and see how it goes, he better not spend more time in here than the Niners threads though.... :mjlol:
After the Superbowl I promised I was going to try to keep my pessimistic ass quiet as much as possible but I'ma still be posting every day and for everygame. Just gonna try to not post anything about the future of our season or try to argue with people that think we gonna win it all...or at least not be a miserable prick about it :dead:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Would be kinda cool to get a Mistico apuestas match like his mask vs MJF's title. That way you guarantee a ton of latino fans wanting to go see Mistico win a belt :lolbron:

Mistico vs. MJF in a "Hair vs. Mask" match would be dope lol... Would MJF shave himself bald for the business? He'd have to go back to Turkey after :mjlol:

After the Superbowl I promised I was going to try to keep my pessimistic ass quiet as much as possible but I'ma still be posting every day and for everygame. Just gonna try to not post anything about the future of our season or try to argue with people that think we gonna win it all...or at least not be a miserable prick about it :dead:

I don't make predictions... bad luck :whoa:

But I'm extra dialed into the Niners now because 1. Olympics are over AND 2. Everyone is injured on the Braves. Whole team is injured. It reminds me of a few years back when the Niners lost everyone over the first couple weeks of the season..

Glock Purdy came back lookin 💪 tho... :wow: