The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
LoH-Sen-West-Fall-2015.jpg

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel coming west this fall also coming westward, but has not yet been dated.

Revealed for the first time in North America, this RPG adventure from Nihon Falcom’s acclaimed The Legend of Heroes franchise, known in Japan as Sen no Kiseki, improves on the series’ formula and features an expertly told storyline that both longtime Trails veterans and newcomers alike can enjoy equally. Taking place on the same continent as fan-favorite Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel is the first game in the series to tread Erebonian soil and explore the inner political conflicts of this oft-mentioned powerhouse in detail. With a standalone story that also delves into the expansive lore that has become synonymous with the series, players take on the role of military students at a time of great turmoil, enjoying school life and bonding with fellow students to earn new abilities in battle, then utilizing those abilities via speedy, tactical turn-based combat with the newly-developed “ARCUS” system. Best of all, this epic storyline can be unraveled either from home or on the go with Cross-Save functionality between the game’s PS Vita and PS3 editions.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
LoH-Sen-West-Fall-2015.jpg

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel coming west this fall also coming westward, but has not yet been dated.

Revealed for the first time in North America, this RPG adventure from Nihon Falcom’s acclaimed The Legend of Heroes franchise, known in Japan as Sen no Kiseki, improves on the series’ formula and features an expertly told storyline that both longtime Trails veterans and newcomers alike can enjoy equally. Taking place on the same continent as fan-favorite Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel is the first game in the series to tread Erebonian soil and explore the inner political conflicts of this oft-mentioned powerhouse in detail. With a standalone story that also delves into the expansive lore that has become synonymous with the series, players take on the role of military students at a time of great turmoil, enjoying school life and bonding with fellow students to earn new abilities in battle, then utilizing those abilities via speedy, tactical turn-based combat with the newly-developed “ARCUS” system. Best of all, this epic storyline can be unraveled either from home or on the go with Cross-Save functionality between the game’s PS Vita and PS3 editions.

Will buy two copies one on PS3 and one on Vita just to support the cause.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Wanted to play legend trails in the sky on psp for ages. Maybe I'll pick it up after im done the witcher.

Is this the same series?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You play trails in the sky?

Recomend it?
Trails in the Sky is a slow burn but when it gets good it's amazing. I stopped playing it years ago because I heard it ended on a major cliffhanger and we had almost zero chance of getting the sequel. Of course now that we are getting the sequel I plan to finish it. Just waiting for a release date. I'm gonna replay the whole game so its fresh for part 2.

The game this thread is about is three games after part 2 of Trails in the Sky. The series goes:
Trails in the Sky
Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

Trails in the Sky Third Chapter
Zero no Kiseki
Ao no Kiseki
Trails of Cold Steel
Trails of Cold Steel II

We're getting or have the bold games. Those three games in the middle are PSP games but have PC ports and the only way we'll get them is on the PC. The last two are obviously on PS3 and that's why we're getting them. XSEED said they can't really justify releasing PSP games nowadays. The Trails game released on Steam sold well so that resparked interest from the original developer Falcom to get the other games out in English.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'll be picking up my Vita copy from Best Buy tomorrow. I also ordered the Lionheart edition on PS3. It'll arrive Wednesday. I'm a major fan of the franchise. I bought Trails FC on both the PC and PSP and to support the cause I'm buying two copies of this.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just started this today. Finished the prologue and already I like it. It's a bit jarring coming from Second Chapter to this but I'm adjusting.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps

This on ps now :leon:

I got pretty far through it. It's dope but I got side tracked playing other shyt

Eternal Sonata also. :whew: that's some old school piff. Might have to play a bit. Loved that game