The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki (Trails of Black) announced

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
That’s gonna continue being the case until Falcom allows English localization to start before post-release.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That’s gonna continue being the case until Falcom allows English localization to start before post-release.
The reason more pressing is the detour to localize the crossbell games. Should have handed that off to a different company.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The reason more pressing is the detour to localize the crossbell games. Should have handed that off to a different company.
The Crossbell games deserve a proper localization effort. Just because you played them beforehand doesn't mean the average JRPG fan has. It is essential in order to play Hajimari. Much more essential than it was for CS 3 & 4(which called back on those games quite a bit).

Also considering how large the script is absurd to think that is the bigger issue here.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Crossbell games deserve a proper localization effort. Just because you played them beforehand doesn't mean the average JRPG fan has. It is essential in order to play Hajimari. Much more essential than it was for CS 3 & 4(which called back on those games quite a bit).

Also considering how large the script is absurd to think that is the bigger issue here.
I mean I don't believe they shouldn't be localized but we're talking about postponing the progress of the series overall to localize games from 2 decades ago when the opportunities to do so over the last couple decades have been plentiful. Those games are also highly unlikely to sell that well.

That's something that gets handed off to a B team. The localization isn't even being voiced either. For the most part you're left with the most hardcore of fans looking to play those and many of them played the fan patch. Kuro is looking like a 2020 PS4 game coming out in 2024 at best. That's absurd.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I mean I don't believe they shouldn't be localized but we're talking about postponing the progress of the series overall to localize games from 2 decades ago when the opportunities to do so over the last couple decades have been plentiful. Those games are also highly unlikely to sell that well.

That's something that gets handed off to a B team. The localization isn't even being voiced either. For the most part you're left with the most hardcore of fans looking to play those and many of them played the fan patch. Kuro is looking like a 2020 PS4 game coming out in 2024 at best. That's absurd.

That's a fair point and if they stuck with XSeed rather than NISA they would have come out after they did 3rd more likely than not. Not to mention after playthrough all CS games. The Xseed localizations felt a lot better than the NISA games. (Granted 4 came out during covid)

Calling it a 2020 PS4 is very generous (granted I don't care that much about the graphics of Trails & Ys games). Also, the fact that Persona, which is a text-heavy series (while not as text-heavy as trails) can get their games out within half a year makes it look much worse. Not saying they should be coming out that early, it is just that so many JRPG series are getting better localization.

I have just moved on to spreadsheets at this point. I'll support and replay the official releases whenever they come out tho.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's a fair point and if they stuck with XSeed rather than NISA they would have come out after they did 3rd more likely than not. Not to mention after playthrough all CS games. The Xseed localizations felt a lot better than the NISA games. (Granted 4 came out during covid)

Calling it a 2020 PS4 is very generous (granted I don't care that much about the graphics of Trails & Ys games). Also, the fact that Persona, which is a text-heavy series (while not as text-heavy as trails) can get their games out within half a year makes it look much worse. Not saying they should be coming out that early, it is just that so many JRPG series are getting better localization.

I have just moved on to spreadsheets at this point. I'll support and replay the official releases whenever they come out tho.
I guess NISA must have put these on the back burner to priotratize NIS games. No way does it take so long to localize games that are already translated.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I guess NISA must have put these on the back burner to priotratize NIS games. No way does it take so long to localize games that are already translated.
Most likely. Plus Zero & Azure should be released at the same time. The fact that the projected release date (essentially placeholder) is 6 months apart makes no sense.