The left-wing French coalition hoping to introduce 90% tax on rich

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Let me just say this, Louis Vuitton CEO net worth was $211 billion last year.

It's $233 billion right now in 2024. This dude made $20 billion and it hasn't been a year.

$20 billion. Read my last post to get a scale of what that is.
Has he made $20 billion or has his networth gone up $20 billion? Quite a big difference. Just clarifying.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Let me just say this, Louis Vuitton CEO net worth was $211 billion last year.

It's $233 billion right now in 2024. This dude made $20 billion and it hasn't been a year.

$20 billion. Read my last post to get a scale of what that is.

Has he made $20 billion or has his networth gone up $20 billion? Quite a big difference. Just clarifying.

@itsyoung!! hit the nail on the head breh. Networth is all based on valuation and that valuation ebbs and flows.

If most of your net worth is tied to stock, it will move up and down with the stock price. And you’ll be hard pressed to actually realize all of that stock value because once you sell a significant portion the stock price/value will tank if have a have a large enough share.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@itsyoung!! hit the nail on the head breh. Networth is all based on valuation and that valuation ebbs and flows.

If most of your net worth is tied to stock, it will move up and down with the stock price. And you’ll be hard pressed to actually realize all of that stock value because once you sell a significant portion the stock price/value will tank if have a have a large enough share.
I think you're also missing forest for the trees.

Dude is a billionaire, multi-billionaire at the end of the day.

So much in another category than basically everyone in this thread combined and multiplied. Even if dude dies without ever cashing out, I guarantee he didn't give back nearly a fraction of that money to help out the world in taxes compared to the life he lived and set up for his kids. All while everyone here scrapes to get by as taxes obliterate their paychecks and basically makes his and his families lives much easier.

shyt, not even easier. Having that kind of networth means there is no concept of easy vs tough life, it's all easy and minimal give back. If anything the most challenging part of his whole lifestyle is probably how to avoid paying the kinds of taxes they should and that all his buddies out in governments around the world will excuse him of.

Dude doesn't need to cash out all his money to live lavishly. Dude needs to cash out a small amount of it.
If dude cashed out .01% of his wealth, that's 230 million dollars :heh:

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Even if dude dies without ever cashing out, I guarantee he didn't give back nearly a fraction of that money to help out the world in taxes compared to the life he lived and set up for his kids.
Appreciate your post and I’m enjoying the debate.

To the bolded, serious question, is the role of taxes for the provision of services in the state or are they to “help the world”? It can be a bit of both tbh.

All while everyone here scrapes to get by as taxes obliterate their paychecks and basically makes his and his families lives much easier.

Taxing him more won’t necessarily change the fundamentals of the issue, the cost of production/living going up. Sure, you can continue to tax him, but eventually that tax base will dry up.

This is why I got back to the government actually raising the floor.

You tax the rich to funnel back to the poorer is a temporary appeasement. The CoL is still going up, their money isn’t stretching as far and they are now more dependent on gov’t transfers to make ends meet (kinda seeing the same thing in Cali)

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
No it's not, nobody should be a multi millionaire and def not a billionaire
If I built a business and become a multi Millionaire or billionaire the last thing I Wana do is give 75% of that to the government and it be wasted on shyt like war or given give then other countries. The Pentagon cannt even account for billions of dollars and fails their financial audits every year.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Cats like Bernard Arnault gonna be hightailing it outta there on the first thing smoking if this ever came to fruition, which would further reduce their tax base.