The Last of Us Part I 9/2/22 PS5, 3/28/23 PC

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
game is running a lot better after today's patch

funny how this port created a bunch of doom and gloom about VRAM, hardware decompression, and 'the state of PC Gaming', when all it needed was a few patches

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I dont think it was just this port that created it
Right. There's been plenty of botched launch ports for PCs for a while now. Sony actually got the better approach with not actually day and dating PC ports with console launches games. Let them come out a year+ time later so that both versions actually far well with their releases. The only floundered on this one due to rushing to coincide with the show's reception.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I dont think it was just this port that created it
it was a big part of it. specifically the VRAM and hardware compression issues. it was arguably the worst PC port of the year

the port was supposedly the nail in coffin for 8GB GPU's

the port's reliance on the CPU for texture decompression also handicapped performance, leading many to think this would be a common thing with many next gen ports, as the consoles have dedicated hardware for this task. turns out optimization alleviated both issues

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
when does this game start getting good?

the encounters are good, but they're pretty spread out between a lot of walking and cut scenes

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
when does this game start getting good?

the encounters are good, but they're pretty spread out between a lot of walking and cut scenes
Like Gizmo said, The Last of Us refers to gameplay e.g. The last of Gameplay. Hold up to win. Nah but usually people say after Bill's Town is when the game starts to really click. The first couple of chapters start off a bit slow.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Should I play this before I watch the TV show? I bought the 1st remake for PS4 but i stopped playing it. I made it to The Outskirts: The Museum I think.

Man I should play these PS4 games I didn't realize how many of these I bought and never touched :mjlol: I got like 18 games and only played 8:snoop: