The Last of Us franchise at 37 million units sold, new TLOU Multiplayer concept art *oooo*

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
665-F07-A0-831-F-4-BC9-8-AF2-7276-F45-C2211.png

We are so proud to share that the entire The Last of Us franchise has sold through more than 37 million copies globally as of December 2022, and is continuing to reach new and old players every day. To know that Joel, Ellie, and our whole cast of characters have been experienced and loved by so many of you drives the entire studio forward.

Even as it turns 10 years old, it feels like The Last of Us has only just begun, and this busy year will certainly show why. After The Last of Us Part I’s successful launch on PlayStation 5 last year, we can’t wait to bring you the PC version on March 3! We’ll have more information on the PC version’s features and specs ahead of its launch.

We’re looking ahead to The Last of Us’ 10th anniversary in June, and we’re so excited to share more with you about the future of this franchise. We’ll have some fun surprises for you along the way, but later this year we will begin to offer you some details on our ambitious The Last of Us multiplayer game. With a team led by Vinit Agarwal, Joe Pettinati, and Anthony Newman, the project is shaping up to be a fresh, new experience from our studio, but one rooted in Naughty Dog’s passion for delivering incredible stories, characters, and gameplay. We first shared concept art of the project with you last year, and we hope this new piece of concept art below further excites you for what our team is working on.

Once the show comes out these numbers probably gonna skyrocket past 50m this year:whew:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Fatboi1 where you at, can this restore the feeling or naw?
:yeshrug:
I hope so. The concept art here looks promising. I always feel like ND has potential on making one of the goat MP experiences for Playstation but they don't continue support for long or they just completely mess up a perfectly good formula.

Nothing they've made imo has captured the feeling of Uncharted 2's multiplayer. Uncharted 3 was somewhat close but UC4 was just meh after a while. TLOU MP was decent but it wasn't the same thing for me.

That is my favorite MP game ever. So much hours were sunk into that damn game :wow: I must've played at least 1000 hours of that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hope so. The concept art here looks promising. I always feel like ND has potential on making one of the goat MP experiences for Playstation but they don't continue support for long or they just completely mess up a perfectly good formula.

Nothing they've made imo has captured the feeling of Uncharted 2's multiplayer. That is my favorite MP game ever. So much hours were sunk into that damn game :wow: I must've played at least 1000 hours of that.

Yeah, i think this might actually be a bit more interesting of a project to then another single player game from them. Want to see how they incorporate their production values and mechanics into a open world multiplayer project. I did enjoy the UC4 multiplayer though for what it was

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I recently heard Neil and his team have already decided which game they're going to do next, but for some reason they don't want to announce it to the public. said it may or may not be The Last of Us part 3.

:martin:

I'm personally leaning toward it being the next game because they got this whole momentum going with the television show and everything and it just makes the most sense. But I suppose it could be something else to give them time to really craft the games story and gameplay to make it worthy of as a sequel.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I recently heard Neil and his team have already decided which game they're going to do next, but for some reason they don't want to announce it to the public. said it may or may not be The Last of Us part 3.

:martin:

I'm personally leaning toward it being the next game because they got this whole momentum going with the television show and everything and it just makes the most sense. But I suppose it could be something else to give them time to really craft the games story and gameplay to make it worthy of as a sequel.

I’m sure the game they’re doing next is probably already deep in development. Let’s get factions, then the new game, then TLOU3

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps

Nothing they've made imo has captured the feeling of Uncharted 2's multiplayer. Uncharted 3 was somewhat close but UC4 was just meh after a while. TLOU MP was decent but it wasn't the same thing for me.

That is my favorite MP game ever. So much hours were sunk into that damn game :wow: I must've played at least 1000 hours of that.
What was UC2 multi player like?

Could you play the story multiplayer?

And that’s wild how they abandoned UC like that. There should be at least 6 by now :gucci: