the last GTA game was released in 2013 and no 'NEXT GEN' GTA. why tho?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Do y'all think Red Dead Redemption 2 will top this game? I dont know..I doubt it

I think its reception will be the same as RDR1. People who like more thorough and nuanced games that have a great story and is more like a masterpiece will crown it.

People who just want to play a game to dikk around for awhile will probably hate it and go back to GTA5 or COD

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
now things are starting to make sense.
Red Dead Redemption "A Recurring Nightmare" During Development, Sam Houser Says in 2009 Email
In the lawsuit, Benzies' legal team is trying to establish how vital he was to Rockstar's operations. One example provided was how Benzies stepped in to help finish Red Dead Redemption, despite having no official position on the game. The game was in development at Rockstar San Diego under the direction of Rockstar co-founders Sam and Dan Houser.

"As Sam Houser himself recognized, the Houser brothers were incapable of completing large and complex games without Mr. Benzies' oversight, management, and skill in taking unwieldy designs and making an understandable, cohesive, and enjoyable game," reads a line from the lawsuit.

In October 2009, with a deadline coming up, Sam Houser became anxious about Red Dead Redemption not being in good enough shape. He wrote an email to Benzies that month, saying, "The ups and downs are VERY extreme. We have to fix this. Quickly. Help! I'm freaking!'"

The very next day, Sam Houser sent another email to Benzies further elaborating on the game's problems at the time and how he wanted Benzies to assist.

"This [RDR] is a (recurring) nightmare," Sam Houser said. "But one i/we need to get out of. I have problems with the camera all over the place. So much so, that I can't be rational or specific about it. The darkness!!!"

"PLEASE help me/us get rdr [Read Dead Redemption] into shape. I am a jabbering wreck right now," he added. "I need The Benz!'"

The lawsuit goes on to claim that after Benzies stepped in to help, Rockstar San Diego completed work on the game "within a few months," getting it ready to show to partners such as Sony and Microsoft.
He was the lead programmer and producer of the GTA series since GTA III. Losing the key guy behind GTA's modern versions has to be a blow to Rockstar.

He left after GTA V and there's hasn't even been a peep about the next game in the series. We see how long it's taken them to make another Red Dead. Obviously they'll make the next game in the series but it's taking a while.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The Benz departure is an issue but the lack of GTA news is more due to the success of V, specifically the multiplayer component GTA Online which continues to generate stupid revenue for Rockstar and of course RDR2...

For what its worth we also didn't hear a thing about GTAV until after RDR and MP3 were released...I expect the same strategy here but because of GTA Online success a slightly longer timeframe this time around...The small team working on GTA Online is surely going to be shifted to RDR2 to support that multiplayer component once that game is released which will mark the official end for V...

I don't anticipate to hear anything about VI before 2019...

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
GTA4 -> GTA5, 5 year gap

GTA5 is selling insanely well, even 4 years later. Expect an even larger gap before we get GTA6. Maybe 2020, 2021 :mjlol:

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
There's already been a few articles out about GTA 6 coming by 2020 the earliest. GTA 5 is still selling good. RDR on the way.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Do y'all think Red Dead Redemption 2 will top this game? I dont know..I doubt it
I'm not holding my breath for RDR2.

Single player content will be pushed to the side and rushed in favor of bullshyt multiplayer options. And why wouldn't it be? GTA: Online is still making millions to this day. GTA5 single player DLC is never coming. GTA5 will never drop beyond $60 outside of a store specific sale.

The shyt is over

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Because there's no need to come out with one yet. GTA 5 has been in the top 10 sellers for four years now, which is insane. They can let the game continue to print money while they work on Red Dead and the next GTA installment but there's no rush
They aint workin on a godamn thing but how to get more people to spend more real money on fake money

I'm just so disgusted
i71GmPqC.png

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
While Im sure they're milking the online & shark cards for all their worth, we got to take into account how much more detailed & complex games are nowadays. Theres a lot more going on and more things to do with each new game and i think if you expect the quality of games to still maintain that 5-star, AAA experience in an ever-evolving world, eventually its just gonna take longer and longer to make those games because of all the technologies & features to try out, implement, and refine.You can't look development cycles from 8-9 years ago and compare them to whats going on today

Daps
The last boxing game came out for ps3 and xbox in 2011. They have bowling and cricket for PS4 but no boxing? :stopitslime:

I'll settle for the remastered version of knockout Kings damnit. Facts my man Floyd Mayweather was in kk. I remember the game said he was his only weakness.